AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Does anyone own one of these? Apparently on the sling you tie it together with a shoelace, but no instructions came with them nor is there anything on their website.
The same with the bino strap except instead of a shoelace it is leather thongs. Again no instructions with it or on their website. When I blow up the picture it is too fuzzy to tell what kind of knot it is.
I have emailed them under “Contact us” with no response. Maybe they are vacationing, I received no “out of office” email response though.
Thanks in advance for anyone’s help!

Catahoula

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I just received my sling. I assumed that the screws were removed, the sling put through the swivels, then the screws re-attached.

Catahoula

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
If you look at the pictures of the exotic inlay sing (the version I have) on their web site, there is a pic of the sling mounted on a double. The laces weren’t used.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Most lace-held slings have four holes which when folded over around the swivel match two and two. Fold the laces in half and push the two free ends through the hole farthest from the swivel. May need something like a nail to help push them through. Pull through simultaneously (holding the free tips together) until you are left with a quarter inch loop. Push the tips back through the hole closest to the swivel and then through the loop you formed. Snug it all down. Presto!

Ridgewalker

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Most lace-held slings have four holes which when folded over around the swivel match two and two. Fold the laces in half and push the two free ends through the hole farthest from the swivel. May need something like a nail to help push them through. Pull through simultaneously (holding the free tips together) until you are left with a quarter inch loop. Push the tips back through the hole closest to the swivel and then through the loop you formed. Snug it all down. Presto!

https://www.africansportingcreations.com/cape-buffalo-cobra-sling.html

So you don’t even tie a knot? And that holds? Ok I’ll try it that way. It leaves a lot of string just hanging there as in the picture. Just doesn’t seem secure.
Thanks

Last edited:

Ridgewalker

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
If you look at the pictures of the exotic inlay sing (the version I have) on their web site, there is a pic of the sling mounted on a double. The laces weren’t used.

Mine has shoelaces and no screws. I may just buy some “Chicago screws” and replace the laces. I’ll try first like Red Leg suggested.
Thanks

Last edited:

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)

African Sporting Creations

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
africansportingcreations.com
Media
Member of
DSC, SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
This is Jim from Creations and thanks to all who helped him get squared away. Please call me at 419 529 5599 and will answer any other questions you have. Never saw anything at info@africansc.com so am having my webmaster look into that. I agree with the last post but I always put a square knot on the end of both just to be sure,

Jim

Ridgewalker

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Thanks everybody!
Jim, may I suggest you put a note and picture on the website on this. It would be most helpful.
I checked my junk mail just in case a reply got automatically put there, but no response. I just figured you may be overwhelmed by emails as a lot of businesses are.
Thanks again to all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdn_shooter

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.