Africa is just not for me

Gladly I do not own a 6.5 man bun.

But just think because of the shipping cost now days to get the trophies home along with the headaches of air travel how about a virtual reality big game hun. There you can shoot anything that you want and have photo shopped photo of you and your trophy.

All this and ever having to leave home.

I will gladly pay to do it in real life!!

Nope. Worth every dollar spent and will do it again.
Yep, been there twice.

I also have been up to British Colombia on a grizzly hunt that was a bust, but that's hunting. That grizzly hunt would of paid for most of my last safari.

Gladly I do not own a 6.5 man bun.

But just think because of the shipping cost now days to get the trophies home along with the headaches of air travel how about a virtual reality big game hun. There you can shoot anything that you want and have photo shopped photo of you and your trophy.

All this and ever having to leave home.
I think somebody in TX tried that. Thankfully, it was outlawed quickly.

A good friend of mine recently took his wife to Africa for their 40th Anniversary. They visited RSA, Zimbabwe, and Zambia; took the train to Victoria Falls, morning and evening game drives, sundowners, etc. No hunting, but lots of photos. They both enjoyed it immensely.

He told me that it was the most amazing vacation that he's ever taken; Africa was all that he'd dreamed of and more. So I asked when he planned to make a return trip; he said that he's not. Once was enough and apparently he felt that a second time would not live up to the memories of the first. Sometimes it just works out that way.

A good friend of mine recently took his wife to Africa for their 40th Anniversary. They visited RSA, Zimbabwe, and Zambia; took the train to Victoria Falls, morning and evening game drives, sundowners, etc. No hunting, but lots of photos. They both enjoyed it immensely.

He told me that it was the most amazing vacation that he's ever taken; Africa was all that he'd dreamed of and more. So I asked when he planned to make a return trip; he said that he's not. Once was enough and apparently he felt that a second time would not live up to the memories of the first. Sometimes it just works out that way.
WOW... very extrange way...
But, it´s youre way!...

I know several hunters who have no interest in going. One is a brother-in-law. Funding the trip is not the issue. But all are somewhat intimidated by “new” things. There is also a perception that Africa is for “those” sorts of people.

The saddest to my mind are those who go once and are slaves to their taxidermy. They spend a week to ten days on a rack and stack ranch or concession, fill their home with stuffed fauna, and then never return because they have no room for the taxidermy.

If we are dedicated hunters and if we have normal limits of disposable income, then at some point we run out of space. Not returning to again embrace what was for these folks a life changing experience is, to my mind, the essence of madness. Photos are a great way to remember the hunt, and a lot easier on our heirs.
Very well said. As I have gotten to "that point," the latest African safaris (for DG) were conducted in varying degrees of "Own-Use" (by Tribal communities) concessions, such as in the Caprivi. NOT bringing hide or horns (or tusks in the last case) home took NOTHING away from the point of it all: To enjoy the Hunt, the culture and the entire experience, as we so love to do! We try not to visit the same area twice, thus seeing most that Africa has to offer (it's an entire Continent, not simply a Country.) One small problem has developed in the interim...'working on a retirement home which has a 40'x60'x24' heated shop with empty walls....Hmmm. I may turn it into a sort of natural history museum for widows...

1675729795182.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg