tap

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I have had several people who advertise on this site who have stolen money from me. Nearly all have attempted to sue me in court and for that reason I will shut my mouth as I don't want any more problems. But rest assure that those banners you see at the top of Africa hunting do not mean you will get a fair shake people. Remember this is Africa and Africa is about as crooked as they get. Since even the moderators will protect these people I will leave names off but if anyone wants my list of people on this site not to use please send me a private message and I will gladly tell you where the scam artists are hiding in Africa hunting.

To date I have had over 30 animals stolen Along with around $120,000.

In addition I've been sued 3 times for naming names on this site so please be careful when you are on here.

I can say this. Jerome and J. are stand up people. They have about 95% integrity when it comes to people who advertise here and jerome works to weed them out.

I consider jerome a very good friend.

I need people to realize I've been to Africa 30 or more times and I've seen a lot.

When I see certain people advertising on here I loose the faith.

Heck did anyone know that sean Michaels with mcmillan river adventures shot a croc in a 100 foot by 100 foot pen? Yep! And then he convinced me to go on the same hunt.

Don't be fooled by celebrities smoke and mirrors people. The con artists are around every corner

I asked Tony to raise any concerns in his own thread, as he had posted in a hunt report and I felt, as Moderator, it was a detraction from that thread.

I personally support any member writing a negative or positive report with the facts/background to help other hunters. eg.

I would like some direct honest feedback right here that supports that thread title.
Thanks!

Hi Chris, As @BRICKBURN asked please do post the details of your experience right here in this thread. Thanks.

I get tired of the allegations that Sponsors are protected here on AH. The Sponsors or other Outfitters are invited to reply and resolve issues that are presented here on. Two excellent examples of complaint resolutions in recent history: Pawprint and Martin Pieters.

Always good advice:
Caveat Emptor :A Deal:
when ever :S Dollar: is involved, no matter the destination.

It avoids this :S Rant: and this:P Judge: .

As an FYI to everyone:
The marketplace is a "use at your own risk" setup.
https://www.africahunting.com/help/marketplace

Last edited:
The U.S. has its share of flim flammers too. Ask the guys who use prairie dog '"guides" and east coast feral hog hunts not to mention Pennsylvania deer pen venues.

There are dishonest people in all professions. I don't think hunting/outfitting is any different. I don't agree that putting up a post that pointedly accuses people and at the same time is putting up its own smoke and mirrors is helpful. If you want to expose dishonesty, do it in an open forum where all can benefit, as well as let the outfitter tell his/her side of the story. If you are worried about legal action, let your attorney proofread the post before you transmit. Just do it openly.

Last edited:
I would suggest that had I been sued three times by outfitters, and believed that I had "to date" more than 30 animals and $120k "stolen," then I would hope my next major investment would be a mirror.

OK, you got our attention. Was the loss all one trip?

More than interesting!

@tap has done some serious hunts so it will be good to hear what he has to say. One of the good things about this site is it helps others and gives first hand information. I haven't been here too long but I have not noticed any protection for sponsors. Hopefully more details will come out and will get the full story.

Pretty wild accusations Tap. You lost 30 trophy's and $120,000 all to AH sponsors? Wow, Hope you can back those accusations?
I get it if you had a bad experience and you should defiantly post that experience here so we can all have your side of the story.
But, for you to make a blanket accusation that AH is some how knowingly protecting scam artists is really laughable to me. So far you really sound like a spoiled jackass with an axe to grind. But, I will save judgment in hopes that your future posts on this subject provide actual facts and not just accusations. And FYI no need to PM me, I think it's important for transparency and sharing your knowledge with all of AH.

I saw your your post regarding Numzaan before it was deleted and I agree with Brick that it was completely out of line. Why don't you start with a hunt report regarding your specific experience with them before just jumping on all AH sponsors? Especially since I don't even see where Numzaanis even a sponsor?

Last edited:
I will follow this thread with interest .

Tap, quite a radical statement, I feel the administrators do a great job of keeping AH clean and honest site.

I am all for smoking out crooks and con men....but you really need to elaborate thoroughly on this..

Tap did some of his hunting before there was serious moderation by Jerome and Brickburn. It use to anyone could advertise on here. I think AH is pretty safe environment due to the great job Brickburn and Jerome do. (y)(y)(y)

I saw your your post regarding Numzaan before it was deleted and I agree with Brick that it was completely out of line. Why don't you start with a hunt report regarding your specific experience with them before just jumping on all AH sponsors? Especially since I don't even see where Numzaanis even a sponsor?

Many of his posts are completely out of line, amd deleted.

I'm typically a big believer in NOT deleting posts, they have to be pretty bad and pretty useless for me to think they should be deleted. I've seen quite a number of his posts be deleted over time, and every single one deserved it.

I haven't been here too long but I have not noticed any protection for sponsor

I would 100% agree with this. J&J run this site with 100% integrity, not 95%. I have faith there, it hasn't been lost.

This site has sponsors that pay to advertise here. They aren't vetted any more than advertisers are vetted anyplace else, including DSC, SCI, or a television station of your choosing. If at any of those places a sponsor does something agregious the sponsorship ends up being lost, or not renewed. I've seen that happen here too.

Oh and although I haven't been to Africa 30 times like Tap I have had a run in with a sponsor, at the time. I was treated fairly, never had a post deleted or edited, didn't get sued as I clearly stated facts and stuck only to the facts, and I learned some valuable lessons which have at least so far kept me from running into problems again. Point being, I feel qualified to comment on this subject.

As stated earlier, Caveat Emptor!

As much as we do our own due diligence by going to trade shows and talking to references, there are those bad actors who slip thru the cracks. At the end of the day let your gut feeling guide you. Social media is a tool we can use to hold people accountable. However, it should be used with caution.

I would suggest that had I been sued three times by outfitters, and believed that I had "to date" more than 30 animals and $120k "stolen," then I would hope my next major investment would be a mirror.

Be interested to hear more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!