Africa Hunting & Conservation

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
If You Stop Hunting, You Destroy Everything

The UK is considering a ban on trophy imports from Africa. Fulton Mangwanya, Director General of ZimParks in Zimbabwe has some thoughts.

Screenshot (512).png

I wonder if down the road, the countries that will suffer economic and wildlife loss will be able to sue the British Government for their negligent actions. NEGLIGENT actions are a lot different than a simple mistake.

"How can someone possibly take away a cultural heritage?”

Part two of our collaborative project with Blood Origins features Prof. Patience Gandiwa, the International Conservation Affairs Director for Zimparks. Patience is not afraid to speak her mind when it comes to wildlife conservation in Zimbabwe. What if the communities on the ground had a voice to tell DEFRA what they think about the proposed ban of trophy imports? Well ... here is their voice!

"We know what we are doing about conservation."

Tebogo Boalotswe with the Conservation Coalition of Botswana speaking truths about DEFRA's proposed ban of trophy imports. Thank you Blood Origins for giving African communities a platform to make their voices heard!

If Hunting Is Banned In Africa, It Will Not Save Wildlife.

George Pangeti, Africa Coordinator for SCI Foundation and whom calls Zimbabwe home responds to the proposed trophy ban in the UK. "Instead of listening to the foreign press of non-hunting NGO’s, they are welcome to visit our region…to see how hunting is making people survive. If it is banned and there is no income from hunting, it is not helping wildlife. In fact, it is going to kill wildlife."

It Is Incumbent Upon Countries To Engage African Countries In The Conversation About Banning Hunting

"We believe very strongly any move to ban hunting resources would be counterproductive....because those resources play an important part in the development of our people." Dr. Cyril Taolo is the Acting Director of the Department of Wildlife and National Parks in Botswana and he is speaking out against the proposed ban of trophy imports in the UK. He stresses the necessity of the UK's DEFRA and other countries considering similar moves, to engage those African regions and understand the role hunting plays.

"We Grew Up With These Species. We Know Better How To Conserve Them."

Geoffreys Matipano, Deputy Director General, Conservation for ZimParks in Zimbabwe responds to the proposed UK ban of trophy imports. "Outside of Africa, the Western world, they know better how to conserve species like caribou, like hogs, but when it comes to African elephant, African buffalo, it's us, we've been dealing with these species our whole life."

Foreign-Based Hunting Supports Conservation

"If you kill the industry then you multiply the problems in regard local benefits and conservation benefits." Dr. James Wakibara, Director General of the Tanzania Wildlife Management Authority responds to the UK proposal to ban trophy imports.

As a foreign student I did my BSc (Hons) Environmental Protection majoring in Conservation Management at the University of Surrey in the United Kingdom. I wanted to do my thesis on "The economics of Hunting as a Conservation Tool".... nope not allowed to do that! No matter how I tried to get it accepted I was told that it wasn't going to happen! The western countries simply do not want to hear of a scenario where hunting or trophy hunting is acceptable. Facts, figures, truth and reality of the situation in Africa simply do not fit into their tiny little minds... The political correctness and corruption runs deep in both governmental and NGO organisations. Banning trophy hunting simply has ZERO benefit, no matter which way one looks at it. Hunting for biltong / meat is also frowned upon and if truth be told they would also like to ban that as well.

One must remember that these organisations are manned by people and celebrities who "love all critters" (bunny huggers and book smart individuals) and actually have very little understanding of the topic. Especially if it does not fit their agenda. They rely on scientific data that is read in isolation of the whole picture. To cut straight tot the point, hunting uplifts not only the wildlife numbers, the habitats and local environments but also benefits every individual in the chain... from the hunter paying $50 000 for a hunt right down to the locals who get the meat or salaries. Then you have the wildlife departments that generate income for conservation, the taxidermists, the shuttle companies, the hotels, the airlines, the local shops, the gunstores, etc etc etc etc etc...

To put plain and simply, DEFRA / some NGO's / celebrities / universities and the like should be put up against the wall and shot... or maybe hunted :whistle::censored: ....THEY SERVE NO PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO KEEP THEIR JOBS AND LINE THEIR OWN POCKETS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BelleTjalk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you