Reaction score
Media
Member of
OFAH
Hunted
Canada, USA
Email received from SCI Canada Operations Manager

CANADA NEEDS YOUR HELP

Hunting is under direct attack and we need your help now. Today the African hunting events show was asked to leave the venue as they were setting up.

The Borgata banquet facility waited until the African Hunting events show was setting up to kick them out of the venue, citing that they feared for the safety of their property.

The event coordinator offered to hire off-duty police for security to no avail.

We need your help to let these people know that we are hunters and we, too, have rights.

We need you to send an email to them, go to their website and call to let them know we are not taking this lightly.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Their website is: www.borgata.ca.

Call: 905-760-1548

Their address is:
Borgata Wedding and event venue
8400 Jane St.
Vaughan Ont
L4k 4l8

Meanwhile, the event has located an alternative venue. It is:

Premier Place
696 Westburne Drive
Vaughan, Ontario

This is what I sent:
As a hunter, I deplore your last minute cancellation of the African Events Show. In no way can this despicable act of cowardice be condoned on any level. You had a contract, and you have broken it. I would not ever recommend or use your facility for any event. Borgata Wedding/Event Venue is unreliable and a contract with Borgata Wedding/Event Venue is only worth lining the bottom of a bird cage.

This is what I sent. I will also post on my and their Facebook page.
That's really poor of you to kick the show out at the last minute. I had sponsored a petition to show gratitude for your effort to host the show. There are several hundred signatures on the petition. I will be advising those who signed the petition what course of action you have chosen. I will also advise those who had asked about locations for wedding receptions to find an alternate venue. I understand your worried about your facility but you blew a great opportunity to have helped yourself in many ways in the future.

Time for the Lawyers.

This is what I sent. I will also post on my and their Facebook page.
That's really poor of you to kick the show out at the last minute. I had sponsored a petition to show gratitude for your effort to host the show. There are several hundred signatures on the petition. I will be advising those who signed the petition what course of action you have chosen. I will also advise those who had asked about locations for wedding receptions to find an alternate venue. I understand your worried about your facility but you blew a great opportunity to have helped yourself in many ways in the future.

Looks like you need to edit the petitions addressee.

Looks like you need to edit the petitions addressee.
Internet is giving me hard time with Change.org website. Tried to edit but it freezes up. Gonna keep trying. Think it worked this time.

Last edited:
The Borgata location was concerned about their property? Was there a threat? Will African Hunting Events have to get security from these zealots?

The Borgata location was concerned about their property? Was there a threat? Will African Hunting Events have to get security from these zealots?
I think it was a cop out. They chickened out. I really hope Birgit is able to sue the crap out of these people who break their contracts..

Either an excuse without foundation, or something to take reasonable action on at the next place.

Hire an off duty police officer and have a video camera running if any antis show up.

Too bad one couldn't accidentally spill a bottle or several of skunk scent in their direction.

What seems to be lacking here is a concerted effort for those who are affected (that are able to of course) to make some noise on this continent. Unless those directly affected voice their concerns we're just basically spinning our wheels.
I'm talking about everyone who benefits from a hunt form the locals to the local economies. I wonder if Mr. Carter would do a show or two on something along those lines that shows conservation through hunting benefits everyone involved and not what the anti hunting community would have you believe. What do you think?

The only way forward from this one, is that someone needs to be held accountable, via a lawsuit. Do you think the lawyers from Animal Justice will take this case on for free?

I SENT OFF A LONG MAIL TO THEM!!

The only way forward from this one, is that someone needs to be held accountable, via a lawsuit. Do you think the lawyers from Animal Justice will take this case on for free?
Animal Justice is a vehement anti-hunting group. they are not on our side.

Animal Justice is a vehement anti-hunting group. they are not on our side.

I'm speaking about them representing the venue for breach of contract.

I looked up the new venue and noticed a negative comment on google. I hope this venue holds firm.

I'm hoping the show is going well in Vaughan. As far as I can tell the Coast Hotel in Calgary will be holding the show this year (unless they turn yellow) but will not be hosting it next year. I wonder if there are any business owners in the Calgary area that have a warehouse or location that could host the event. Anti's come on the property you can make a citizens arrest for trespassing. Citizen arrests can be quite rough you know :sneaky:

In the time that elapses between the last show in Canada and the first one next year we as ethical hunters need to educate the public that hunting is a necessary part of conservation. I fail to see that happening currently. It might be happening on Hunting/fishing shows etc., but it needs to be on mainstream media otherwise we're wasting our time. There are multiple hunting, shooting organizations in Canada. It boggles my mind that they can't get there act together to work as a team to achieve this goal. A meeting was tried once before in Winnipeg many years ago. The head of the NFA at that time had assembled several Canadian organizations in a boardroom to work out details so that everyone could work towards achieving a common goal. Unfortunately it didn't work. One large hunting organization based in Ontario kibosh-ed the idea saying it interfered with their agenda. This type of mentality in this country is why we wont have "unity" wen it comes to "standing as one" for something we believe in.
Where is the support from OFAH, Ducks Unlimited Canada, SCI Canada (all chapters not just the few who have responded), CSSA, NFA, etc, etc?
Sorry I'm rambling...just frustrated

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Was at the convention and got caught by the protesters (one of them looked like a turtle) thought this was an appropriate meal after being yelled at by vegans (y):A Banana::A Haha:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg