Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI ; Rowland Ward
Hunted
United States ; South Africa
Ladies and Gents,

WE, my wife (best friend and hunting partner) and I, are booked for our next trip (4th) to the Dark Continent with Greatland Safaris, PH John Henry Keyser, August 18 - September 4, 2016. On the book for this Safari is Cape Buffalo, Sable, and Leopard (depending on tag). My wife's wish list includes: Giraffe, Zebra, and Warthog. If no leopard tag we will consider a lion hunt in the kalahari along with plains game - problem is we are running out of wall space. If we can't secure a tag this time looks like we will calling Jaco to book a leopard hunt. We were really impressed with Jaco and his outfit.

A year away, but my dreaming has never stopped since our first trip to Africa.

Dreaming of our Return to the Dark Continent,

dt

Wow, sound like a great plan. Running out of wall space is a familiar dilemma for me.

Wow, sound like a great plan. Running out of wall space is a familiar dilemma for me.
Haha;) Guess it's time to build a smaller house and a larger trophy room. I have learned to pick 2/3 primary species and see what else crosses our path and just enjoy the journey.

dt

Pretty much what I'm going now, I want a garage, man cave and small living space.

Fourth hunt?? Nice! Got to love that place DT.

Wishing you only the best for your upcoming hunt DT!

If the Leopard tag does not work out for 2016, you certainly can't go wrong with @Jaco Strauss for a Leopard hunt. He is a straight shooter, and you know exactly what you get. One of the most reputable guys I know.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Ladies and Gents,

WE, my wife (best friend and hunting partner) and I, are booked for our next trip (4th) to the Dark Continent with Greatland Safaris, PH John Henry Keyser, August 18 - September 4, 2016. On the book for this Safari is Cape Buffalo, Sable, and Leopard (depending on tag). My wife's wish list includes: Giraffe, Zebra, and Warthog. If no leopard tag we will consider a lion hunt in the kalahari along with plains game - problem is we are running out of wall space. If we can't secure a tag this time looks like we will calling Jaco to book a leopard hunt. We were really impressed with Jaco and his outfit.

dt

At least your wife is into hunting. Then again I get a real hunting holiday while she looks after the dogs.

At least your wife is into hunting. Then again I get a real hunting holiday while she looks after the dogs.
My wife becoming my hunting partner has become expensive: she has her own list too now: Giraffe, Zebra, and Warthog;)

dt

Reactions: lcq
My wife becoming my hunting partner has become expensive: she has her own list too now: Giraffe, Zebra, and Warthog;)

dt

Mine has many lists. Shoes, wine, expensive vacations to art and culture crap etc

Best of luck. Nice bag of game you have booked.

Ladies and Gents,

dt

Small world and what timing. I just got back from Africa where I was hunting in Thabazimbi with John Henry Keyser at Greatland and I was there from the 11th through the 18th. I wanted a leopard but I heard there were no tags available. I got a Cape Buffalo, Blue Wildebeest, two Bushbuck, a Kudu, a Zebra, a Giraffe, an Impala, a Nyala and an Eland, all with a bow.

I had the time of my life and it was actually the first time I had ever gone hunting. And like you, I am also dreaming of my return to the Dark Continent in July of 2017.

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.