Affordable big bores no longer being offered by the big guys

I think there are a few of us out here getting ready for our first trip. It’s not an easy sport to jump in to though (relatively speaking).
A lot of reading. A lot of investment.
Very appreciative of this forum.
Personally, I think hunting Africa can be much more affordable and definitely more rewarding than hunting as a non-resident in the American West. No need to wait years stacking up expensive points for an expensive tag and then drive several days only to find the hunting district overrun with ATVs and SxSs. There's an offer on here now for a week's GUIDED hunting and five very good plains game animals for less than $5K. Compare that to Montana where after years of applying to accumulate points, ONE elk tag still costs $1,700. It would not be unusual to spend a week hunting and not see one. But you WILL see game in Africa. Lots of it. Much better bang for the buck.

Africa is the future of hunting I think. It will be if some semblance of political stability can be achieved.

375 Kimber Caprivi

There are Zastava available in 458 win mag and 375 h&h in Australia so they are still being made.
I ask with a tone of fearfulness, but has anyone recently bought any brand new rifles from Zastava in either .375 Holland & Holland Magnum or .458 Winchester Magnum ? The company website hasn’t been updated in quite a few years.

Affordable is a very grey word that can best be translated to what one is willing to pay. As for safari rifles, although CZ stopped making them, and who knows when or if Ruger and Winchester will start producing them again, they are available. I see them regularly here on AH and they are regular items on Gun Broker and Guns International. I think shooting a big bore rifle is like boxing or MMA, everyone wants to try it until they get hit hard. :LOL::LOL: I have purchased several like new DG caliber rifles over the years. Most came with a partial box of ammo and a "planned to go to Africa" story. Just be vigilant and have the coin ready.

I think the CZ, even at the slightly higher "no longer made" price is the best deal going. I have owned CZ's in 375 H&H, 416 Rigby, 458 Win Mag, 9.3x62, 30-06, 223 and 22 Hornet. I never sent one to be smoothed out/improved and they all functioned fine. However, I have been told I crank a bolt back like I am trying to pull it out of the rifle and slam it home like I am trying to jam it into the barrel. Don't get me wrong, people like AHR can improve the CZ's looks and smoothness, I have just never found it necessary. I kind of like the looks of the CZ as they are although I do prefer the American stock.

Safe shooting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!