Advise for loading 7mm Rem Mag

My Rem 700 7mag shoots h4831 extremely well. Does good with IMR but prefers H powder. You should be able to find a sweet spot with velocity you are trying to obtain.

@Nevada Mike reading your OP, I assume you meant to say the 175 gr Core Lokt bullets are wildly accurate, not inaccurate.

I too stumbled upon a similar finding. I bought a box of Federal Premium Trophy Bonded Bear Claw in 175 grain and they are extremely accurate in my rifle (Ruger M77 Mk1). I then bought a case of the same ammo off of GB and have no intentions of reloading for my Ruger 7mm mag.
Nope. I haven't found any 175s that shoot well in my rifle. With 160 0r 140 grain bullets it is an MOA rifle.

I'll try MRP and H4831 and see what I can get. I also have Speer Hot COr Mag Tips and Nosler PT in 160, but I think the Swifts might be better on larger African game, tho' I have used Noslers in this rifle to kill a number of elk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg