Advice on calibre

Looking at getting either a 416 or 458. Would love to have both but my girlfriend would end up using one of the two on me if I did. I already have a .375 and would love to have something slightly bigger for buffalo. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
416 rem mag
never need another gun, will do everything all the 4+ calibres do and its nicer to shoot

Buy the rigby from the Gentleman and don't look back. Take some nice pictures from your safari and go sit down with him and share the experiences with his/your rifle. and looks like I am #3 in line behind @Red Leg and @WAB to buy the rigby if you don't want it.

Reactions: WAB
I too would vote for the 416 Rigby. It is more than enough gun to do what you want and you have the pizzaz of owning a Rigby. BTW since you are in England we are all assuming this rifle was built there. If it is one of those "California" Rigby(s) maybe second thoughts are required. How about some pics of the rifle after you pick it up?

Caliber matters, so I'd go with the .458 as it is a bigger step up from .375.

Edit: Just saw the infamous pro .375 caliber article posted. The premise of that article is that those shooting larger calibers can't shoot hence .375 is the cat's meow as everyone can shoot it accurately. ;)
Precisely!

If that’s a pre ww2 Rigby I shall offer you a new CZ458 Lott and a new CZ416 Rigby ... I’ll even throw in a plainsgame hunt...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,