WilhelmM

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA
Hello all. A bit of background, I'm an amateur hunter/outdoorsman from South Africa who's only real experience with hunting comes from wingshooting. I'm hoping to go on my first, proper plains game hunt in a few years time, specifically Namibia. I've heard many great things about the country when it concerns political and social stability as well as having some of the best hunting on the African continent. If any of you are wondering why I may be choosing Namibia as my first safari location, that's purely due to the country having a truly authentic wild African experience (from what I've been told) whilst being very affordable. If any of you have had experience hunting in Namibia, please let me know of any quality outfitter that's not too expensive. As for additional information, the two species I'm interested in hunting are springbok and Hartmann's mountain zebra. Thank you!

Hello all. A bit of background, I'm an amateur hunter/outdoorsman from South Africa who's only real experience with hunting comes from wingshooting. I'm hoping to go on my first, proper plains game hunt in a few years time, specifically Namibia. I've heard many great things about the country when it concerns political and social stability as well as having some of the best hunting on the African continent. If any of you are wondering why I may be choosing Namibia as my first safari location, that's purely due to the country having a truly authentic wild African experience (from what I've been told) whilst being very affordable. If any of you have had experience hunting in Namibia, please let me know of any quality outfitter that's not too expensive. As for additional information, the two species I'm interested in hunting are springbok and Hartmann's mountain zebra. Thank you!
Hello Wilhelm, welcome to The Family!
Just have a serious look at Khomas Highland Hunting.
Trully wild mountain zebra and Kudu are their specialities!
For the springbok they will bring you to a 25000 acres consession!
Philip Hennings is running the place, main farm is apr.25000 acres and neighbouring hunting rights
on some 400000 or more,no high fences on Philips property!
I was there two times, just fantastic!
Brgds,
Marc

Hello Wilhelm, welcome to The Family!
Just have a serious look at Khomas Highland Hunting.
Trully wild mountain zebra and Kudu are their specialities!
For the springbok they will bring you to a 25000 acres consession!
Philip Hennings is running the place, main farm is apr.25000 acres and neighbouring hunting rights
on some 400000 or more,no high fences on Philips property!
I was there two times, just fantastic!
Brgds,
Marc
Thank you, SABENA1. The outfitter you are referring to seems to be very professional and high quality as well as specializing in the true fair chase policy. I will definitely check them out!

Welcome aboard WilhelmM. You certainly picked a good place to learn more about hunting, especially African game. Use the search function to find previous posts on subjects of interest to you. Do you own any rifles yet? If so, what kind and caliber? Where do you live in South Africa?

Hello and welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard WilhelmM. You certainly picked a good place to learn more about hunting, especially African game. Use the search function to find previous posts on subjects of interest to you. Do you own any rifles yet? If so, what kind and caliber? Where do you live in South Africa?
Thank you. I don't have any firearms on me at this very moment but a family friend of mine has my late grandfather's "old" Ruger 30-06 he bought in the '90s. I'm planning to acquire it after I've gone through the legal process of obtaining and owning a gun. I live in Gauteng.

Welcome to AH WilhelmM!

WilhelmM, welcome to the AH forum! Lots of reports on here about hunting in Namibia! Enjoy!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH sir

Welcome to AH Wilhelm !

Giday Wilhelm and welcome to the A H forums

Hello WilhelmM,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

It sounds like you have already looked at our web site, as per fellow forum member, SABENA1’s recommendation (and thank you for that SABENA1).
Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Best Regards,
Paul (Velo Dog).

Thank you all. I'm truly excited to learn more from this forum.

Hello WilhelmM,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

It sounds like you have already looked at our web site, as per fellow forum member, SABENA1’s recommendation (and thank you for that SABENA1).
Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Best Regards,
Paul (Velo Dog).
Thank you, Velo Dog. Does your company offer customized packages? For example, taking two trophy animals and two management animals? Thank you.

Welcome to AH, Namibia is great place to hunt mountain zebra and springbok!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.