Adventures Past.......the small cats......

Redruff

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Botswana, RSA, Scotland, Canada
Gents,

Here is a few photos of the small cats I took on a stop over/prelude in the Free State a number of years ago before I flew to Maun for the grand adventure that followed.

I enjoy stalking/waiting in a blind and hunting/shooting in general BUT...I have a great fondness for shooting with a pack of dogs. Watching the hounds work the scent on a cold morning warms me like a fine scotch. When the sight hounds are let loose it is truly some thing to behold. The chase to where the prey has been brought to bay, the sounds of the hounds....ah it takes me. Enjoy. R.
African Wild Cat.jpg
African Wild Cat2.jpg
Serval Cat.jpg
Serval2.jpg

Nothing like hunting with your dog.

Nice trophies.

Thanks for sharing the results of your adventure.

Great serval, where about in the Free State? African wildcat.

I haven't hunted with dogs for nearly forty years but can remember it like yesterday. They were a wonder to listen to as they chased deer right yo my hunting party. I bet they are great on the cats.

nice serval redruff,
id love to do a hound hunt some African cats.
thanks for showing us .....(y)(y)(y)

I thought it looked rather familiar, were you with Strydom or Wessels?

I thought it looked rather familiar, were you with Strydom or Wessels?
It was through Strydom with one of his associates. Chris? Maybe...not the best with names. I believe he's no longer in operation.

Very nice, those damn cats still elude me :Banghead:

Yesterday and Saturday, was lucky enough to see serval on the farm in the late afternoon, the one yesterday had a monster rat in his mouth.

Great Serval,Would love to get one of them,Best of luck ,John

Very nice, those damn cats still elude me :Banghead:
Thank you Diamondhitch! I was very lucky to get them in two days.
I haven't hunted with dogs for nearly forty years but can remember it like yesterday. They were a wonder to listen to as they chased deer right yo my hunting party. I bet they are great on the cats.
Yes they are. IMHO it is the only way to hunt hunt these little guys. Thanks

Great Serval,Would love to get one of them,Best of luck ,John
Thank you John. There was an gentleman that I met upon my return that shared the fact that he had been to Africa 40+ times and had only had a running shot at one. He asked if if he could have the horseshoe I was carrying in a certain oriface.:E Hmmm:

Redruff, I posted the other day in another thread, had Spanish client for serval, he kept referring to the serval as a unicorn after about 7 trips for one. First afternoon we had one.

Redruff, I posted the other day in another thread, had Spanish client for serval, he kept referring to the serval as a unicorn after about 7 trips for one. First afternoon we had one.
So that is where my lucky horseshoe went!

Hasn't left my back pocket since then....(y)

I Love the cats .....Servals next on my list along with cheeta , leopard and lion with the bow .
Glen

I would love to get a serval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.