Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, NFAA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, UAE, California
Easter came and was good to my youngest. I ordered the Schleich set, Adventure at the Waterhole. I also have been trying to get a nice, broad diversity of animals to populate it and fortunately, the Schleich, CollectA, Papo, Safari Ltd and Mojo Fun are all pretty compatible. I believe we have 26 different species of African animals for her to play with, not counting the Ox Pecker on the Cape buffalo. I expect to probably keep adding over time - I saw an Eland that I haven't picked up yet and am still waiting on delivery of an impala and 3-4 more brands of Cape buffalo for a nice herd that won't all be the same animal.

My wife doesn't know if I am making a great playset for her, for me, or just trying to indoctrinate her. All it needs now is a blind with a bow hunter and a PH inside. I don't think any of the above brands are going to make those for us though. I might have to have them 3D printed, lol.

Waterhole 1.jpg

Waterhole 2.jpg

Waterhole 3.jpg

Anybody else have something similar for their kids?

Happy Easter! :A Thumbs Up:

Yes, after starting with safaris I collect the same animals that I've hunted and shot - for my kids to play with

Well, I need to catch up then. My daughter has far more animals than I have shot. And I still need to get her an eland, impala and bushbuck.

Tell me where you ordered this stuff from please?

your employee discount at wal-mart wont get it charlie,sorry.

I understand that part! But what I don't understand is why your double wasn't here for Easter! :whistle:

oops.i must of hit the wrong address,sorry.

The big adventure playset:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJNP62...words=schleich+big+adventure+at+the+waterhole

For the animals, there were a lot of them at Target and Toys R Us. That got me the more common ones - about 10-12 African animals. I was surprised to find a Cape buffalo at Target. Target carries the Papo line. Toys R Us carries the Schleich line.

For the rest, I looked on Amazon and eBay for each brand and the word figure, or "Cape Buffalo Figure" and went through to see what I could combine for free shipping where they weren't available with Amazon Prime. The suggestions will have lots of recommendations, especially on Amazon.

I should have 5 unique Cape buffalo figures when the rest come in next week. I still have a lesser Kudu coming, as well as an Okapi, Meerkat, African Painted Dog, Impala, Arabian Oryx and Australia Water Buffalo (last two not African, but I like them quite a lot). I somehow ordered 2 Blue wildebeest by mistake. Oh well.

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 4.04.10 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So just to show how many of these fine animals I have been able to find for the playset:

Black Rhino
Cape Buffalo (now 5 different models of bulls plus one calf)
Crocodile
Elephant (family unit of 4)
Hippo
Leopard (regular, snow and clouded)
Lion/Lioness/Lion Cub
White Rhino

African Painted Dog
Black Mamba
Black Wildebeest
Blue Wildebeest
Cheetah
Eland
Flamingo
Gemsbuck
Giraffe
Greater Kudu
Impala
Lesser Kudu
Meerkat
Nyala
Okapi
Ostrich
Sable
Scorpion
Springbok (Common)
Thompson's Gazelle
Warthog
Waterbuck
Zebra (no shadow stripes)

I have not found a single rifle, bow or professional hunter figure that is to scale with these.

You might add a bowhunter from the Hunter Dan set if the size is compatible.

Easter came and was good to my youngest. I ordered the Schleich set, Adventure at the Waterhole. I also have been trying to get a nice, broad diversity of animals to populate it and fortunately, the Schleich, CollectA, Papo, Safari Ltd and Mojo Fun are all pretty compatible. I believe we have 26 different species of African animals for her to play with, not counting the Ox Pecker on the Cape buffalo. I expect to probably keep adding over time - I saw an Eland that I haven't picked up yet and am still waiting on delivery of an impala and 3-4 more brands of Cape buffalo for a nice herd that won't all be the same animal.

My wife doesn't know if I am making a great playset for her, for me, or just trying to indoctrinate her. All it needs now is a blind with a bow hunter and a PH inside. I don't think any of the above brands are going to make those for us though. I might have to have them 3D printed, lol.

View attachment 180053
View attachment 180054
View attachment 180055

Anybody else have something similar for their kids?

I believe I should have some and not my grand kids

My other buffalo came in yesterday and were sitting on my desk. Leah (age 3) was SO EXCITED when she saw them. She ran and got hers and came back saying "Let's play buffaloes!" and then put her Cape buffalo on the desk and said "Hey buffaloes. What are you doing?" I was then stuck playing buffaloes for the next 2 hours. When I was to bed, I could hear her asking my wife to play buffaloes and then some talking I couldn't make out and then the 3-year old yelling, "No, the buffaloes are not going night night! I want to play buffaloes!"

I think I made both a friend and an enemy at the same time, lol.

My other buffalo came in yesterday and were sitting on my desk. Leah (age 3) was SO EXCITED when she saw them. She ran and got hers and came back saying "Let's play buffaloes!" and then put her Cape buffalo on the desk and said "Hey buffaloes. What are you doing?" I was then stuck playing buffaloes for the next 2 hours. When I was to bed, I could hear her asking my wife to play buffaloes and then some talking I couldn't make out and then the 3-year old yelling, "No, the buffaloes are not going night night! I want to play buffaloes!"

I think I made both a friend and an enemy at the same time, lol.

:D

Great thread, my 4 year old has a bunch of them as well. He also has a huge set of sea creatures, loves them all but it's usually some sort of battle that kills one off and I have to "bury" it.

Mrpoindexter, now that's a fantastic gift for a young person, Hunter or huntress to be.
That's a awesome conversation about Cape buffalo.
Think I have to order this for our 3 year old grandson Zane. That way papa and Zane can go on safari together in the living room.

I just picked up for Leah some more animals:

Spotted hyena
Striped hyena
Jackal

And I was showing a friend's daughter that works in the San Diego Zoo a picture of this little safari and my daughter playing with it. I brought her over to show all the animals she could identify and this gal was falling in love with my 3-year old over it.

Right afterwards, we went into my friend's house and Leah got all excited when she saw an animal on the wall and asked with wide eyes, "what animal is THAT?!" I looked at where she was pointing and laughed - "That is a deer" I said. OK, so she knows the African stuff, but doesn't know the North American very well.

Thats freaking awesome, forget the kids I want a set to play with :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I thought of you and your daughter last weekend when I ran across a few of these at a local hobby store but upon checking on AH you already had the few they had. I'll keep my eyes open for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross