ActionBob's Taxidermy

ActionBob

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Texas Hill Country, Central Minnesota, SW Kansas.
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Australia, Tanzania, Iceland
I have started getting some stuff back finally. I will post a few pics here as I go.

To start off I've been holding out wanting to get it home, but after the discussion of shields and seeing some of the recent work billc posted up... I can't wait any longer and have to post a picture of the zebra mount Paul Smith of Relive Africa did for me, his first of this style I believe. I gave him a fair amount of guidance in my initial request but then let him know I would not hold him responsible if it did not turn out and gave him some artistic freedom. He found a great piece of wood to put it on that is really a shame to be covered up. It is still in his shop waiting on a larger shipment but here is a picture. I am very pleased!
Zebra wall plaque.jpg

I like it! The thinning vertical stripes, I would guess from belly area in West Africa, provide a nice contrast to the remaining more/less horizontal stripes. And the way the mane curls down the middle.....good stuff!

I like it! The thinning vertical stripes, I would guess from belly area in West Africa, provide a nice contrast to the remaining more/less horizontal stripes. And the way the mane curls down the middle.....good stuff!
Thanks Phil;
That was all Paul. I explained the wood plaque and general idea and he decided how to lay it out.

Very cool mount. I really like that style... just not sure I'd have room for something like that on my walls!

How heavy is it?

Very nice, thanks for sharing it!

It looks great Bob. I really like zebra shields. Beautiful markings.

Bob that shield is very impressive!

Bob that is one awesome piece of art. From the wood to the mount it all speaks for it self.

Paul and the relive crew keep out doing himself and this piece is just more proof of that. I know he has more then a few happy customers and those who don't give him a look are missing out on getting good service in SA.

Thanks Guys! @rinehart0050 I don't know how heavy but it but it is quite the chunk of wood which would be the majority of the weight.

@spike.t Yea Mike, also chobe and harnessed bushbuck, red duiker, dik dik, oribi, civit cat, honey badger, leopard, bongo, forest buff... And a whole lot more.;)

and those who don't give him a look are missing out on getting good service in SA.
Yea, but he seems busy enough;)

I like that! I've never seen one like that.

Looks great Bob!

WOW!!!!! Flat out beautiful!!!! Congrats!!!!

Got word today that my replica tusks are finally about to be shipped from Zimbabwe to RSA so they will finally be on the way home. Along with a piece of luggage made from my Zim buff back skin, and the dip and pack buff and impala. The bases are hand carved with a herd of elephants on one and a village scene on the other.

Carved Base (Close Up Elephants).jpg
Carved Base (Close Up Village).jpg

Replica Tusks on Carved Bases.jpg

super impressive,i want one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg