AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
riflepermits.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Award-winning filmmakers Dereck and Beverly Joubert were gored by a buffalo on Thursday night in the Okavango Delta, Botswana. Both were injured and Beverly was committed to an intensive care unit, where she is recovering well, according to an update on their Facebook page.

1.jpg

In addition to their numerous filmmaking awards, the Jouberts are National Geographic Explorers-in-Residence and wildlife conservationists, who have been filming, researching and exploring in Africa for over 30 years. Their mission is the conservation and understanding of the large predators and other key wildlife species that determine the course of all conservation in Africa. They are the founders of the Big Cats Initiative with National Geographic, which currently funds 80 grants in 27 countries for the conservation of big cats.
The Jouberts have made over 25 films for National Geographic, published 11 books, half a dozen scientific papers, and have written many articles for the National Geographic Magazine. Beverly Joubert is also an acclaimed photographer and her international exhibitions have further helped to raise awareness for the plight of big cats across the world.

Source: https://africageographic.com/blog/acclaimed-filmmakers-gored-buffalo-botswana/

Glad to hear they are alright. Crazy that both were mauled- certainly an important reminder to respect the "Black Death"

Anybody with a rifle backing them up while they film?

the Jouberts are National Geographic Explorers-in-Residence and wildlife conservationists,

If I am not mistaken, these are the same Jouberts related to Louise Joubert, the lunatic anti-hunting queen of Africa? I also believe that Derick Joubert used to be a PH and now is a devout anti-hunting crusader along with his wife...? If this is the same guy, he once compared hunting to Apartheid and the Holocaust.

I would never wish serious harm on anyone, but a certain level of karma does seem to apply here. They say that the ones you love always hurt you the most. I guess that applies to wild dangerous game animals as well.

Remember "grizzly man" who tried to live among the grizzly's with his family in an attempt to show that the bears would accept them? They found body parts of all the family members in the bear scat when they searched for them... I guess they were indeed accepted.

Last edited:
Dereck Joubert's comments on the hunting comaprison....

http://www.phasa.co.za/what-is-in-t...s-hunting-to-apartheid-and-the-holocaust.html

ANIMAL ACTIVIST COMPARES HUNTING TO APARTHEID AND THE HOLOCAUST
Pretoria, 14 October 2014 – The Professional Hunters’ Association of South Africa (PHASA) has condemned in the strongest possible terms a statement by Botswanan animal rights activist Dereck Joubert likening hunting to the Holocaust and Apartheid.

In an interview with National Geographic on Uganda’s apparent decision to re-impose a ban on hunting in that country, Joubert says: “I believe that hunting will one day be regulated to the category of awful things we did as humans, alongside Apartheid and the Holocaust”.

“We’re used to emotional and unfounded criticism from animal rights activists but to compare hunting to two of the biggest atrocities in modern history is grossly insensitive to Jewish and South African communities,” said Hermann Meyeridricks, PHASA president.

He said that hunting is recognised globally by leading conservation organisations – including the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), the World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) and the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) – as a significant contributor to wildlife conservation and provides poor rural communities with a valuable source of income, social services, infrastructure and food security.

“The comparison is therefore ludicrous and we are dumbfounded at the depths these activists will descend to impose their viewpoint on the rest of the world. We call on Dereck Joubert and by extension National Geographic to clarify this statement or, if they can’t, to publicly apologise to those who suffered under the policies of Apartheid South Africa and Nazi Germany,” he said.

I have grown to love the African Buffalo more and more of late, for their renown good taste and incredible perceptive insight into human character.

If I am not mistaken, these are the same Jouberts related to Louise Joubert, the lunatic anti-hunting queen of Africa? I also believe that Derick Joubert used to be a PH and now is a devout anti-hunting crusader along with his wife...? If this is the same guy, he once compared hunting to Apartheid and the Holocaust.

I would never wish serious harm on anyone, but a certain level of karma does seem to apply here. They say that the ones you love always hurt you the most. I guess that applies to wild dangerous game animals as well.

Remember "grizzly man" who tried to live among the grizzly's with his family in an attempt to show that the bears would accept them? They found body parts of all the family members in the bear scat when they searched for them... I guess they were indeed accepted.

yup thats them. big players him and his wife in anti hunting, and in getting hunting stopped in botswana on govnt land. trying to stir it in other countries as well i believe.

Karma's a bitch lol. Bet that doesn't make it into their series.

I have grown to love the African Buffalo more and more of late, for their renown good taste and incredible perceptive insight into human character.
You always seem to have the best insight into these situations. Thanks Brickburn.

Oh I feel so BAD for them........NOT!!

this whole time I just thought buff were dumb ugly beast. Who knew they would know the right people to run over for not really being on there side.

Sounds like a good old fashioned ass kicking took place!

I may disagree strongly with the antis but I'll refrain from making gleeful comments about their misfortune. I don't want to be considered to be in the same class as the losers who post comments expressing joy over a PH or client being killed or injured.

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I may disagree strongly with the antis but I'll refrain from making gleeful comments about their misfortune. I don't want to be considered to be in the same class as the losers who post comments expressing joy over a PH or client being killed or injured.
then just turn your head and giggle.hee hee.

Lets us raise our glasses and toast the african buffalo...:D Drunk:

That's why it's called syncerus caffer. He never lies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.