Accident with an elephant in Gabon

Philippe

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Upper Volta , Gabon , France , RSA
This Sunday , on a asphalt road near Fougamou in Gabon , a car hit an elephant . The elephant and the driver are dead . We don't know if it was during the night without light and how fast he was driving .
RIP Ele
EXz3l-jWkAE-sgz.jpg
EXz18vRXkAACIDR.jpg

Ouch!!!! Obviously the driver was probably not wearing seatbelt.

Not sure it would have mattered.

Elephant appears to have both its tusks..

It does appear so but one is laying on the road. Perhaps that photo was taken after the tusks were likely removed.

Must have been a remote stretch of road.........tires and ivory are still there..........FWB

It does appear so but one is laying on the road. Perhaps that photo was taken after the tusks were likely removed.
Or the unfortunate vehicle driver was a poacher and the ivory was ejected from the truck bed? Karma?

:E Horrified: and we worry about our wild pigs !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross