Absent Import Restrictions: What Would You Hunt?

CAustin, is that because of the restrictions ie., you won't hunt unless you can bring something back?

I see that LivingTheDream says he wouldn't hunt tuskless elephant, but nothing from a tuskless is exportable anyway . . . So I assume the US restrictions have no impact here.

I have a ton of desire to hunt elephants. But no desire to ever import anything on a elephant. Therefore, might as well hunt the tuskless, and leave the big boys for you other guys!

I have a ton of desire to hunt elephants. But no desire to ever import anything on a elephant. Therefore, might as well hunt the tuskless, and leave the big boys for you other guys!
This is my point LTD. if we don't want to import anything, the new (and old) restrictions have zero impact on us or our hunting!

Elephant in Mozambue or Zimbabwe. A buck list animal that I would love to hunt but don't ever see it as possible is the Okapi.
image.jpeg

Elephant in Mozambue or Zimbabwe. A buck list animal that I would love to hunt but don't ever see it as possible is the Okapi. View attachment 53711
Congo jungle . . . Is it even possible to hunt okapi? Legally, that is.

No sir not to my knowledge but this is a hypothetical if it were legal and no import restrictions etc... Wish.

If they become available . . . Sign me up!

The okapi definitely need more protection, they are obviously not being funded enough money for protection.....sad.

Polar bear, walrus, something from Antarctica like a sea lion if it was legal to hunt it there, cheetah from Namibia, brown hyena, a really big Elephant from Zimbabwe, Tanzania or Mozambique. Possibly a wild lion.

Don't know how I missed this thread when it started....

Ironically, import restrictions have had the opposite intended impact for me.

I've always considered bull elephant to be out of my price range. But with the ban in many countries they have become much more affordable and are on the list now. I will personally give up the tusks for the experience. Besides they make quite nice replicas these days. I would put wild lion in the same category, but don't think price will ever drop that much like ele has.

My selfish fear is that the ban gets lifted before I get to do it and the prices make it out of reach again and no jumbo. In which case I'd "settle" for tuskless.

probably too busy admiring yourself in the mirror wearing your new cap............:whistle:;)

My face and the cap compliment each other well. :E Big Grin:

Polar bear and brown hyena.

Polar Bear for sure. Lucked out and got the lion in a little over a year ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.