What is your favorite African animal to hunt?

• Total voters
Welcome to AH !

By far, my favorite meat is Eland, backstrap cut into slices, properly marinated and then cooked over the braai. Just delicious !

Eland looks like a Brahman bull. I like the back straps of just about any game animal.

Welcome Hunt65 to AH!
I’ll have to agree with the eland and buffalo backstraps as the best I have sampled. Pretty much everything was at least good (what meat grilled over an open fire isn’t?). Still want to try some of the cats.

Welcome Hunt65 to AH!
I’ll have to agree with the eland and buffalo backstraps as the best I have sampled. Pretty much everything was at least good (what meat grilled over an open fire isn’t?). Still want to try some of the cats.

Cats on the menu -errr not for me Ridgewalker.
But, let’s know how they taste.

I’ve eaten Bobcats (younger ones) that were delicious! They were very fine grained almost veal like. Read about and talked to people (guides) who have eaten mountain lion and they said it was delicious. So I plan to try the backstraps of any I can take.

Read about and talked to people (guides) who have eaten mountain lion and they said it was delicious.
I have read this all my life, and have a friend who tried it in a black bear hunt and confirmed it was the best game meat he had eaten. I would like to try it.

Having just returned from Limpopo region of South Africa this week, I clearly remember everything we ate. Gemsbuck roast, Warthog bbq ribs, Impala chicken fried steak style, ground sable, kudu stir fry, ground impala, eland steaks over the braai, Blesbuck burgers, ostrich burgers, red hartebeest neck roast, and springbok biltong. All were fantastic. Personally I liked the red hartebeest neck that our camp staff slow cooked for who knows how long. The meat was almost like a pot roast in that it fell apart and easily could pick any bone out. Eland steaks grilled over the campfire was great. Try everything while there and you shall be pleasantly surprised. All the meats didn't taste much like venison I was used to, almost like a mild lamb/beef combo with a hint of sweetness to each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!