Abandoned Baby Elephant Rescued By SA Truckers

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Cape Town - A baby elephant was found by South African truckers on their way to Botswana. The three-week baby elephant was left behind by a herd.

The Good Guy Things reports the South African truckers, Carlos Santos, Johan Groenewald and Pieter Roussow, were en route from Johannesburg to Nata, Botswana when they found the baby elephant.

The truckers discovered the elephant when they were forced to stop 100km away from Nata because of a bridge that had washed away due to the heavy rains in the area.

SEE: Snared lion rescue in Zim makes international headlines

Looking dehydrated; the truckers gave the baby elephant water and tried to search for the herd but to no avail. It is believed the little fellow was abandoned by his herd.

The truckers then called the nearest animal sanctuary, loading the elephant into the truck and and delivering him to the Botswana Elephant Sanctuary once the bridge was fixed.

f694656a87e242e5a6968f5639217e94.png

Source: http://traveller24.news24.com/Explo...baby-elephant-rescued-by-sa-truckers-20170301

Nice story. They really went above and beyond for the little guy. Wouldn't most of us do the same?..

You did a good thing. My hat off to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.