A weekend in the bush....and hopefully some biltong!

Jumbo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAGA, SA Hunters
Hunted
RSA, Zim & Zambia
Hey guys,

I suppose since its been a while since I was last hunting, its time to hit the road tomorrow for a weekend biltong hunt! Not as exciting as Buff etc, but man, just as fun to spend the time in the veld tracking and hunting with mates!

I suppose us guys that have to put up with a weak Rand, Eskoms load shedding and a corrupt government (oh yeah.....sorry they are ALL corrupt) need some upside............mine is that the bush is close by and I can hunt African game often!

Have fun out in the bush.
Shoot straight.

Sure gonna try!

I want to spend a bit of time with my 9.3x74R which hasn't seen any action yet.................hold thumbs!

Sure gonna try!

I want to spend a bit of time with my 9.3x74R which hasn't seen any action yet.................hold thumbs!

sounds good, here's to good hunting and tasty biltong :D Beers:

Wish you a good hunt:D Beers:

Good luck ! Post some pictures when you are done!

Just back and Spike T the 9.3x74R is now officially a hunting rifle!

Took a nice impala( not huge, but big and fat) and a big bodied Warthog.
So biltong is hanging!

Nice place, but over hunted! Also the guide/PH tells us we are the first people this year who have insisted on walking and stalking. Everyone else has shot from the bakkie!

Anyway, the time in the bush was good!

Spike T I found some GECO that shoots nicely, but I need to do some more research on what the bullet is.

It performed well on the impala from what I saw, but it went right through, as expected. Didn't find either to understand it's true performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,