Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I read about this book in a Craig Boddington book. It took me awhile to find a copy and ordered it some months ago. Finally got to read it and enjoyed it very much. It was printed before I was born but the authors of the stories are still very familiar-and wow how times have changed! Big five stories, rare antelope and other trophy hunts and even bird hunts along with strange adventures. It’s a good addition to a hunters library, a must have for me. Only problem is that mine must have come out of an ashtray-can’t stand the smell of it, glad it is slowly losing its previous owners cigarette mustiness.
8D252033-017E-49A5-9417-DADB2AD6A679.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jack O'Connor, Warren Page, Kermit Roosevelt...
Say no more!
This is something!

It took me awhile to re-find this quote I thought very funny when I read it, since most of the writings are from 1960’s ish.
“Africa must have been like this 50 years ago-“ -Peter Barrett

Good book. Pardon my mundane but practical response - put the book in a box with a dish of bicarbonate of soda and also a few pieces of natural wood charcoal scattered about.

where did you find this book?

Read it to me!

I have a copy in my library and had not pulled it off the shelf this century. Every now and then it is good to be reminded just what a fine writer Jack O’Connor was. Thank you!

Just bought one from amazon .. thank you for the recommendation..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg