Sadly this one died in a poachers snare in Mozambique.
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 02.04.33.jpeg

Nice pig. On my first safari in 2013, we were hunting with Blaauwkrantz safaris, while looking for kudu the tracker spotter a huge warthog in some VERY thick cover. There was no way we could get to come out and we couldn't get a clear lane for a shot. My PH Eardly asked me if I was up for something different on a try to get this pig. So obviously my answer was yes. He fetched his bushpig dogs and they were turned loose on the trail and we were off to the races. The chase went up and down and through some bush that left more than a few bloody scratches. Finally got in close and I hear the PH yell make sure you don't shoot my dogs. I put a nice 480gr 450NE through the boiler room from 5 meters and he thought the dogs were what hurt him and charged them. He went down after chasing the dogs for 20M. His left tusk was 13 1/4 and the right 13 1/2. Eardly said it was largest he had ever taken with a client.

View attachment 377090
That's one serious pig!! And even more memorable the way you did it with the double and the dogs!

My wife took and exceptional pig in 2015. He was spotted crossing the road. So the PH (Kyne) and my wife bailed off the truck and went after it. When they finally caught up with it the PH asked he if she could see to shoot it right below the ears. He is 6'1" and she in 5'2" and all she can see is the very tops of his ears above the brush. So she has her rifle on the sticks and the PH lifts her up by the shoulders on her jacket and tells her to shoot just below the ears. I am in the truck with the tracker when we hear the shot and after a few minutes the radio crackles with "This pig is huge like a baby rhino" well the tracker honed in on Baby rhino and needless to say he had a very interesting look on his face somewhere between frightened and Oh shit how do we explain this one. Well needless to say made for some interesting stories at the evening fire. What is impressive about her warthog is how the mass extends all the way to the end of the tusks. both tusks are just over 12 inches.

View attachment 377096
Absolutely love those old worn down warriors! Without question some of our favorites to hunt! Congrats on a stunner of a Warthog!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg