A Surgeon Among Client Shikaris

I think that in the last decades only very few of us had the opportunity to hunt in India or southeast Asia. If I speak of Malaysia , it is over 20 years ago and was very limited even then. Nowadays the possibilities seem to be zero. Not forget the very strict gun laws in all countries of Asia.

In Asia was another type of big game hunting. I would have liked it a lot.
Kurpfalzjager , we can hunt in Bangladesh but with police written permission and based on their discretion . Fortunately , unless you possess a criminal record , they are rather considerate.

Four days later , we were off for our much anticipated leopard Shikar near the Tripani forests . Our party consisted of myself , our respected client , Clayton , Rishi , Jeddhiah , Gautam and two coolies . I carried my Ishapore Arms Factory 12 bore shot-gun loaded with SG cartridges in each barrel . Clayton carried his Ishapore Arms Factory .315 bore bolt operation rifle , loaded with 244 grain soft head cartridges . Rishi carried our client's model 700 Remington bolt operation rifle , loaded with 175 grain soft head cartridges . Our two coolies carried a folding wooden chair and refreshments for our client . Our client wore a cartridge belt , filled with 175 grain soft head cartridges ( magnum 7 millimeter by Remington ) .
It did not take old Jeddiah to find the tracks of a huge hunting leopard and soon we were tracking the beast cautiously. However , it was not until four gruelling hours later , that we were finally able to catch a glimpse of the creature. It was near a stream and was cleaning it's fore paws .
Rishi was ( as usual ) the first to catch a glimpse of the beast with his binoculars . Then , Clayton , l and our client , all took turns to see the leopard with the binoculars . Our client was satisfied with it and declared that this would be his Puroshkaar ( trophy ). Rishi handed the client his Model 700 bolt operation rifle and we were ready. Clayton , Our client and l slowly stalked closer and closer towards the leopard , until we were at roughly 200 yards from the leopard. " Shahib " l suggested " Wait till the beast shows you his side . Then carefully fire a shot which can pierce two lungs " . My client nodded ( although , in all probability , he already knew what he was doing ) . Our client crouched down and raised the model 700 rifle to his shoulder and held his breath . We waited intensely for the shot. The shot rang out and the beast was struck in the side. It had both it's lungs pierced. It ran a short distance , coughing blood and then collapsed , lifeless. What a Shikar.
View attachment 311627
Happy client with model 700 bolt operation Remington rifle , calibrated for magnum 7 millimeter cartridge by Remington , and his leopard Puroshkaar.

The epilogue will follow.
My dear friend Kawshick Rahman
That gentleman certainly didn't waste any ammunition in his hunting. It should be our aim to take all our game with one shot. I have tried to teach my son that philosophy one shot one animal. I know there are times when this doesn't work but we all strive for it
Keep safe and well in these times my friend
Bob Nelson

Well .... If they're really that good then why don't more people use them for DG ? ;)
Also , why did the RAB forces in Bangladesh replace their M700s for sniping with Blaser R93s , huh ? Are you saying they downgraded ? ;)
Hoss Delgado
I suppose the only Remington rifle that would fill all your requirements is the model 30 or 30s.
In 45 years I have never known anyone with a Remington to experience any problems, maybe because the triggers are tuned when the person buys them and the don't short stroke the bolt.
Cheers mate Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you