A Sad Day Yesterday. Had to Put My Old Dog Down!

He was a fine looking hound, sorry you had to lose him even if he was getting up there in age.

Sorry Phil, great tribute to Rosco!

Dang! Sorry to hear that. I think it is one of the most difficult things we have to do in life. They are truly man's best friend. I had to say good by to my best boy in 2002. It took until last year to build the courage to welcome another into my heart. I may not outlive him, but my family is young so he will have proper care after me. Remember him often, he is resting now.

Sorry to hear Ridgewalker. Most of us have gone thru what you are. It’s tough,, especially with a dog that you shared so many adventures with.
Someday you’ll be reunited. RIP Roscoe

So very sorry for your loss. They are truly family and the pain is no different!
From your beautiful post it would appear he was lucky to have you and you him.

Man, that hurts. They become one of the family and it's like losing a family member. Been through that several times and it gets harder each time. They give unconditional love unlike any other.

Geez I’m very sorry to hear that. Like so many others here, I understand the hurt having had to suffer the inevitable as well. Great tribute to Rosco.

Thanks to everyone for your support! So interesting to hear so many of you have been through the same. I would have never thought I would be so upset.
You’re a great bunch of guys!

So sorry to hear this. I had to hold my bulldog Perdita as she died from cancer. It's been two years now and I still fill her water bowl. Roscoe had a wonderful life and you certainly had a wonderful partner.

Sounds like it was time... So hard to have that happen. My condolences to you...... A good dog with you that long becomes a family member. Just like losing one of your kids

There is never a good time to loose a loved one.

So so sorry.

So very sorry for your loss. I’ve lost eight dogs over the last thirty years, and you’d think with each one’s passing it would be easier emotionally, but it never is. From what you have described, Rosco had a full , active life with you as a caring owner. That’s all any dog and their owner could wish for.

Sorry to hear this.
Dogs are the only animals on this earth that love you more than they love themselves.

Sorry to hear that you have lost your great friend Ridgewalker. Whenever you start caring for something there is always pain at the end. I too have lost several pups over the years and it is a heartbreaking experience. They remain forever in you heart. After we lost our Jack Russell a couple of years back the pain was eased by getting another one. While they never replace the one you have lost, it is wonderful to again be greeted by a tail wagging little friend. My best wishes to you.

So sorry to hear Ridgewalker! I have a couple labs that are getting up there too and the day is coming and I can't bear the thought.
Tough times...

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have been there many times, after the last time I said I am done. Then, I just had to get a puppy to train again two years ago. He is curled up at the foot of my desk right at this moment.

i have had to put down several dogs, each one cherished, each one old and each one brings a tear as i recall them and their honest love for me and my family. we now have 2 youngish dogs, 3 and 1 year old. i am just gonna enjoy them both and be sad again if i actually out live them.

i, like so many here understand....and am truly sorry for your loss.

Man that is sad news. I feel your pain. Its always terrible to loose a member of the family.
May doggie heaven look after your puppy!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois