a rare sighting...

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
i've just received these extraordinary photos of an african elephant in the sea
it doesnt seemed stressed out or that much bothered comming from the deep through the small waves
is there somewhere in africa an island near the coast where elephants make such a crossing?
[maybe there was a big storm,but still...]

can anyone give me some information on this unusual sighting?

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

or is it a huge lake and not the sea at all,as it seems to drink the water in the last photograph.

is it just cooling off or what?

Very cool..........thanks for sharing.

Remarkable images have emerged from Mozambique of an elephant swimming in the sea off bay of Nuarro, on the north coast
Bizarre images of an African elephant swimming, playing, washing and drinking in the sea have emerged from an eco-tourism lodge in Mozambique.
An incredibly rare sight elephants love water and hosing themselves down but it is highly unusual to see them in the sea.
Chris McIntyre from Expert Africa said: phenomenally unusual in southern or East Africa for an elephant to be in the ocean. I've never seen this, and very, very rarely heard of it!
The elephant was spotted off the coast in the bay of Nuarro, home to the Nuarro Mozambique eco-lodge. Trienke Lodewijk from the Nuarro Lodge said, can you believe this, in our bay! It is so incredible. We couldn't believe it when we spotted him.
Scientists think elephants don't naturally like sea water but can't place a specific reason on why.

Quite a sight!

Deff don't see that every day!

Guess he decided against the whole migrating to the US thing... Probably sounded like a good idea at the time, and that's why Elephants shouldn't drink Scotch!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.