A question of interpretation

I don't think it matters how you say things. When people know you kill or have hunted something some like it others don't. We as hunters have failed to so why we must kill or hunt. We all tell each other but not enough time or money gets spent on teaching non hunters why hunting and killing is a good thing for animals over all. I am not a person that cares what must think but common sense should tell you we don't need to rub peoples face in the killing or hunting we do. I pick my words depending who is around on how I talk about hunting. I will talk about it around anyone but don't need to be rubbing peoples face in when I do.
Now if some anti decide to be stupid and talk shit will then the gloves come off and I don't care how I talk. Those people you will never change there minds but people on the fence should be handled differently if you want them to try and understand your side

Billc,

I was just ramping-up to try and type something exactly like your post here but, as usual I would have used three billion words to say what you said so clearly and completely, with only a few lines.
So, I will just say that I am +1 with you on what you wrote.
And thanks for saving me all that typing.
Also, no doubt there is a collective Thank You from everyone else that would have otherwise fallen asleep before reaching the end of mine.

Regards,
Velo Dog.

I agree with most of these posts that say a true anti hunter will not be happy no matter how you "kill, harvest, hunt" any animal. I have killed animals with my pickup. The rest I have hunted. I do think we need to be respectful of our language among people that do not understand, if only not to alienate those still on the fence about hunting. Those that are close minded will not be swayed, no matter how we portray it.

velo dog I have no choice but to keep it short the only thing worse then my typing skills are my writing skills. I would really like to see a program from sci or dsc really any of the groups that starts targeting people who have not taken a side. Get facts and truth out not only about animals but the how many people hunting helps feeding and giving them jobs.

Well said sir, and I couldn't agree more. Maybe if the lingo is "Let's go try and kill something", it would appease more people? Sorry to be so blunt, and I do not go out of my way to piss people off, but I could give a ratsasss what the liberal retard, tree hugging, PETA crowd thinks of me.

You and I agree that, the PETA types / Green Peace types, etc., will always be offended by anyone who does not drink the Kool-Aid, no matter what our choice of words may be.
There really is nothing we can do to lead those types toward happiness, short of feeding ourselves to a grizzly bear, like one of their flagship heroes did up here in Alaska a couple years ago.
However, it's not so much those born angry / delusional fanatic types that I try to speak like a gentleman with, as much as it is the general public that are non-hunters but, really not affiliated with the radical anti-hunting crowd either.

I agree with most of these posts that say a true anti hunter will not be happy no matter how you "kill, harvest, hunt" any animal. I have killed animals with my pickup. The rest I have hunted. I do think we need to be respectful of our language among people that do not understand, if only not to alienate those still on the fence about hunting. Those that are close minded will not be swayed, no matter how we portray it.

Very well said K-man.
You must've graduated from the same "University of Clear and Concise Communication Skills" that billc earned his degree from.
(I bought my diploma through the mail for 7 bucks, from the "College of Never Ending Motormouth Nonsense . com")

I tell people, I'm filling the freezer. Yes, I hunt for trophy, mature animals, but I also hunt to fill my freezer with meat. Non-hunters like my explanation better. I explain deer meat or wild game meat is low fat and good to eat. And I always remind them, nothing goes to waste. I usually shoot to end the animals life quickly and to minimize the meat wasted. My saying is one bullet, one kill.

Kill, hunt, shoot doesn't bother me one bit. But have to agree with earlier post, harvest, that just sounds corny, no pun intended.

I use the term"harvest" to express to nonhunters the idea of using nature for what it is there for. It's easy to understand the activity in that light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross