A Question for the Big Five PH's

Ivan, welcome to the site! Hope you get to enjoy the 'hissy fits' and the worthwhile discussions as much as I do!
Rumours abound about you my friend! I'd like to sit and have coffee sometime when you're in Byo!!
Yeah a double would be nice in a tight spot but I still stand by one gun for all reasons will still be a big bolt!!
I used 1 - 5 power Leupold variX3 on my 458 throughout my career and it served me very well. Obviously I could and would take it off for working in the jesse. But having it on most times allowed one to see into deep shadows when your eyesight failed you! If I bought a double, I'd be inclined to buy Waynes over and under Merkel 450 so that I still had the scope option! :sharpshooter:

500 Grains minium

As a PH hunting mainly ele but doing my fair share of buff also I want a caliber that is a true stopper! I have used a 416 Ribgy for my whole career and having had a scare 3 years ago paid for a hyme 500 double which took an amazing 2 years to build and is now stuck in SA due to paper work! As a result I have just got a 500 Jeffery Blazer. I have to say that it is a beautiful rifle and I feel that the short bolt is more reliable then your other regular bolt actions.

Personally I am not concerned with how many rounds a bolt takes vs a double as I have never been in a tricky situation ( and I have been in many!!) that I have had time to fire off more then two shots. Time will tell which I will prefer the Blazer or the Hyme. Bottom line though you need a 500 grain bullet plus!

Why's the Hyme stuck in SA? The export permits are being issued now..is there another problem?

Ivan, welcome to the site! Hope you get to enjoy the 'hissy fits' and the worthwhile discussions as much as I do!
Rumours abound about you my friend! I'd like to sit and have coffee sometime when you're in Byo!!
Yeah a double would be nice in a tight spot but I still stand by one gun for all reasons will still be a big bolt!!
I used 1 - 5 power Leupold variX3 on my 458 throughout my career and it served me very well. Obviously I could and would take it off for working in the jesse. But having it on most times allowed one to see into deep shadows when your eyesight failed you! If I bought a double, I'd be inclined to buy Waynes over and under Merkel 450 so that I still had the scope option! :sharpshooter:

you are right rumours abound and one way or another i think most of them get to me and a lot make me laugh ...!!! either way some i wish were true , some are true and some dont have a hint of truth ..would also welcome an opportunity for a cup of coffee....always good to share time with guys in a similar profession .. feel free to email me and we can set it up !!!

have a great day ,
imc

500 Jeff in bolt action and 500 NE in double for the big stuff. Cats I would love a 500/416 NE 3 1/4" or 416 Rigby No 2 if I can figure out which one has the lower chamber pressure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,