Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Once again Lori at @Travel Express was able to find and book my ticket to Johannesburg for my July hunting trip with Pawprint Safaris. The ticket is from Pensacola to Atlanta to Johannesburg. Accomplished in less than 24 hours, and saved me little bit of money too!

And oh yes, if something during travel turns upside down, I have someone to call!!! Thanks again!

I too use a travel agent for trips to Africa, mostly for the reason you mention.

So many people say they book on their own, and don't see the need for a travel agent. I can identify at least three ways in which they are invaluable:

1. I've found that for some reason, they can often get better prices than I can. It may be easier for some who can take one airline all the way, but I have to take at least two major airlines, and invariably, my travel agent can find a fare that is better than I can do. Often, the difference is material.

2. If something goes wrong, you have someone you can call 24 hours a day who can likely be on the phone more than you can.

3. If you need to change your ticket, such as when you finish a hunt early, it's a heck of a lot easier for a travel agent to do that than it is for me. This depends of course on where I am in Africa, but in some of the more out-of-the-way places, you could spend a lot of time on the phone, if you can even get a phone. Most recently, in Ethiopia, I wouldn't have been able to change my own tickets given the communication issues, some (maybe all) of which were caused by the state of emergency there. A text to the travel agent and she sorted everything out.

Frankly, travel agents charge so little for their services I wonder that they stay in business. Worth every penny.

PS. I'm not a travel agent and I'm not related to any!

Lori saved our butts on my 1st trip to SA when the airline changed our flight but forgot to include us on the new flight. A frantic call on a Sunday night and she fixed it in time for us to get on the plane here in the USA. It would not have been good to not get on the 1st plane of the trip. We are on the west coast in the USA.
I will use her again for this years trip as soon as I know when it will be.

I have used her service now three times and will be using her in the next week or two again. Great service and has always saved me a few bucks to.

Good to see you at the Kansas City Hunters Expo @sierraone. Meeting you was a pleasure. Good luck on your hunt and pistol a good report for all of us to read. Remember to take lots of pictures.

Once again Lori at @Travel Express was able to find and book my ticket to Johannesburg for my July hunting trip with Pawprint Safaris. The ticket is from Pensacola to Atlanta to Johannesburg. Accomplished in less than 24 hours, and saved me little bit of money too!

And oh yes, if something during travel turns upside down, I have someone to call!!! Thanks again!
Thanks Seirraone - appreciate your business and always a pleasure working with you!

Good to see you at the Kansas City Hunters Expo @sierraone. Meeting you was a pleasure. Good luck on your hunt and pistol a good report for all of us to read. Remember to take lots of pictures.
I'll do my best on the after action hunt report!!!

I enjoyed working with Lori on my last Safari. I always like to chime in on the travel threads that show up on AH and I always recommend using a good hunting travel agent. I, like many of you, have had many bad situations averted by a good travel agent.
Thanks
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg