A Pair of Pumps

1911Fan

AH veteran
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a pic of a couple of my favorite hunting rifles. Both Remington takedown pump-actions, one is a Model 12 in .22S/L/LR from 1913; the other is a Model 14 in .35 Rem from 1928. I was fortunate to stumble upon the .22 recently, as ammunition for the .35 is getting hard to find! Anyone else here use these underrated classics?
IMG_2720.JPG

Grew up shooting a Winchester M61 .22 pump and still have it. All my family learned to shoot with it.

I have the 35 Rem in my safe. An inheritance item from my grandfather by way of my father.

I have been seeing 35 Rem ammo recently. Crazy as we all know how popular it is now...

I’ve got my grandpa’s 12C. Doesn’t get shot much but it won’t leave the family.

I have a Savage 29 that was recently given to me, I had to have the barrel to action connection tightened up, I installed a new Marble Tang sight and a taller front sight on it. It looks good but I'm not happy with the accuracy. I own a Remington Model 141, and a old Marlin 336 C that uses the same caliber. I reload my own 35 Remington ammo, so availability isn't an issue.

How hard is it to find brass for that? Those old Remington cartridges really need to make a comeback!
I got lucky when the army was looking at the 6.8 SPC Remington made a run of 25,30,and 32 remat the same timeframe so I was able to get 200 brass. Haven’t seen any more since.

I have a few Remington Model 14 1/2 two in 44/40 & one I made up from parts in 44Mag, used to have lots of them & standard Rem 14's & one 141, always wanted a .35 Rem but had them all from 25-30 to 32 Rem but no .35.

Also had lots of .22 pumps from many manufacturers, just have a few Winchester Pumps now & one Colt Lighting in 32/20, would like a couple more of them & maybe one of the big ones in 50-95.

A full bag with the 44/40.

Rem 14.5 & Goats.jpg

I have a 141 in .35 Remington. I got it for not a whole lot on GunBroker. The metal and wood are outstanding. I think I got it for so little because someone had drilled and tapped it for a scope, which was fine by me. Serial number puts mine at 1940. It shoots both factory and handloads just peachy (1.5-2.5" at 100 depending on which load). I have read in places the Hornady FTX factory stuff won't feed. I must have gotten extra lucky: it feeds just fine in mine. I have an older Leopold 2x7 on it. I think it looks right sharp.

I have a 141 in .35 Remington. I got it for not a whole lot on GunBroker. The metal and wood are outstanding. I think I got it for so little because someone had drilled and tapped it for a scope, which was fine by me. Serial number puts mine at 1940. It shoots both factory and handloads just peachy (1.5-2.5" at 100 depending on which load). I have read in places the Hornady FTX factory stuff won't feed. I must have gotten extra lucky: it feeds just fine in mine. I have an older Leopold 2x7 on it. I think it looks right sharp.
I haven't had any problems with the Hornadys either. After all, Pederson had pointed bullets in mind when he designed the spiral into the magazine tube. A classic scope like that Leupold sounds like it would complement your rifle well!

Thank you kind sir. I have two (99s); I'd really like to take one with for PG if/WHEN I make it back for a second trip. This one is a 1947 in .300 Savage. My other one is an early 70s in .308.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross