A New Ocean Is Forming In Africa

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF
Hunted
USA: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, California. Ontario, Canada, RSA.
As a practicing geologist, I would say plate tectonics has taken the place of continental drift as a theory.

The rift valley in East Africa is purely extensional, and if it does not fail in a few million years, will become a separate micro continent. Hey, more places to hunt if they don’t go the way of Madagascar legally…

Californias San Andreas is a strike slip/translational fault system, moving north/north west. LA will end up by San Fransico or Seattle in another 60 million years and hunting or firearms regulations will not be any more liberal.

Just thought I’d clear that up. Either way, some errant geo will write a paper how humans have influenced the inevitable…
As a practicing geologist, do you see any chance Californicate could brake off from the free US due to a massive earthquake and become it’s own island before 60 million years so we’d all get to clap? LOL

Rob404

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member of,,Caribou Hunt Club, Stock and Barrel Pistol Range
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Looks like that worthless property I bought from that Somali prince may be worth something after all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andywagner1122

Latest profile posts

Gerry Addison wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
I would like to delete my last post on the the thread where to hunt big cape buffalo. I haven't been to that area for a few years and it may be very different now. Not fair of me to post this.
Montana hunter and avid sportsman.
Inline6 wrote on Chris Sells's profile.
PM me when you get a chance, have a few questions for you.
steve white wrote on Pheroze's profile.
Pheroze: I was intrigued by the blog on 400, 465 H&H in which you stated you were having a rifle reamed out to accomodate the larger bore. Who is doing the work for you, do they then provide cut rifling or buttoned. Will a 375 H&H rechamber to the 400 H&H. Is there much ballistic difference between it and the 404/375
My Most beautiful Trophy

IMG_20230125_071102_530.jpg