A little Texas gator hunting

Wow! Congrats Jayden on one heck of a nice gator! Looks like you guys all had one damned good time;)

@Carrie is it getting full mounted or?

And Carrie you look much better in the antelope hat than Mickey, uhm.... Cody!

Thank you @ActionBob!!! Jayden sure wants a full mount!!! but we are just going to have a pretty rug to hang on the wall and a euro mount of head!!!

Totally awesome!

That is a smoking good gator. You guys have to be thrilled.

Was there a single picture taken of Cody the entire weekend WITHOUT a beer in his hand? I didn't think so!

hmmm...

I don't see a single picture of him with a beer in hand. All I see is pictures of @Bullthrower338 with bud light. Not beer/doesn 't count. :D:D:D

Looks like a great time was had by all. Fantastic.

hmmm...

I don't see a single picture of him with a beer in hand. All I see is pictures of @Bullthrower338 with bud light. Not beer/doesn 't count. :D:D:D
@sgt_zim, it is only way I can keep this girlish figure and they don’t sell Castle at Spec’s

Kelly and I did have fun skinning that out although once the initial skinning is started it’s kinda like skinning an 11 foot booger. That being said they are really easy to work with. My only issue was that I haven’t had time to set all my winches and such up so we had to wrestle the 500lb 11ft gator on the bed of my pickup while skinning it. My heavy tables are currently covered in salting bison so that was the only option I had. Heckava lot better than on the ground.
We got the meat off of it and got it all skinned up.
04BA3604-852A-4BB5-AC1A-67C3D988D19C.jpeg
B139579A-4593-4F21-9F69-EA5E72B75699.jpeg

Kelly and I did have fun skinning that out although once the initial skinning is started it’s kinda like skinning an 11 foot booger.

I know you did a good job so the hair wouldn't slip.;)

Jayden was so excited he was shaking! Chris was moving him into position to get a good brain shot and he would push him a step forward toward the gator and Jayden would push him two steps back. Lol. He drilled him right where Chris wanted but he went western and started rolling and dragging Jake toward the water by the nylon rope the hook was tied to. Jake is almost the size of the gator and it was a handful for him! He got him back to the top for another shot. Jayden was putting bullets where they needed to be but the gator had other ideas! He finally got one to penetrate just right and they drug him up on the bank. Jayden’s legs were shaking from the excitement. It was one of those times that you get blessed with when you get to see a young hunter realize that they just accomplished the feat they had set out to do. The smile on his face was worth all the money in the world!

Jayden is an awesome young man. He’s always so much fun and he loves to hunt!

Jayden is an awesome young man. He’s always so much fun and he loves to hunt!
I’d be willing to bet he can out smartass even you buddy! Lol

Kelly and I did have fun skinning that out although once the initial skinning is started it’s kinda like skinning an 11 foot booger. That being said they are really easy to work with. My only issue was that I haven’t had time to set all my winches and such up so we had to wrestle the 500lb 11ft gator on the bed of my pickup while skinning it. My heavy tables are currently covered in salting bison so that was the only option I had. Heckava lot better than on the ground.
We got the meat off of it and got it all skinned up. View attachment 307114View attachment 307115
Sucks to be you, Pickups, Bison and Gaitors what more could you want? We cant touch our Crocs in Australia. Best get those winchs going in case you get some more big boogas to skin. I won’t be eating Gaitor anytime soon I hope I get that thought out of my head.
Great pics , Good luck to @Carrie and oh who ever that was.

Fine time! Now you’ve got me wanting to take the granddaughter on a gator hunt! New add to the bucket list!
Thanks to all for sharing what had to be a really fun hunt and time!

Didn’t realize you had gator hunting.

Looks like a blast! As always looks like the time shared was as important as the game chased!
Great gator!!

Didn’t realize you had gator hunting.
Texas has quite a few in certain areas. They aren’t found throughout the entire state but in certain parts there are a ton of them.
Down where Bullthrower338 is they got oodles of them.

Even our sign says “oodles of alligators”
0964B9F6-B4D2-4198-89A3-F153C2917611.jpeg

Great lizard, and it appears tons of fun.

Congrats :D Beers:

I’m a professional, I will never allow a picture to be taken outside of my natural environment!
Especially on a Monday!
View attachment 307133
As noted above, that’s not a beer - that’s a Bud Lite.

It’s somewhat like beer - only different.

Heck of a nice Texas gecko. Congrats to all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.