A little sore this morning

haha, how did the session go? To your liking?

haha, how did the session go? To your liking?

It was good. Once I got dialed in, I was ringing 8" plates at 250 off my sticks.

I am fairly new to reloading, so I am going slow. I am shooting 270g LRXs over 74g of RL15.

It was good. Once I got dialed in, I was ringing 8" plates at 250 off my sticks.

I am fairly new to reloading, so I am going slow. I am shooting 270g LRXs over 74g of RL15.

Off of sticks, I'd say that's pretty damn good. Do you feel you have your load established?

Reactions: lcq
You are ready to cut meat then.

Reactions: lcq
Off of sticks, I'd say that's pretty damn good. Do you feel you have your load established?

I don't probably know enough to say that at this point. Off the bench I was just past an inch, I know it is silly, but will bug me until I get it under.

I will make a longer post at some point, but it was the first range trip for my new Sako Barvian Carbine. It in 7x64 and was using factory Barnes 140g TSX ammo, after a couple minutes with some sandpaper and newly free floated barrel, it was fantastic. I am going to just try and replicate that load. I was able to buy 10 boxes of it, but I can't find any more for sale.

250 yards consistently off sticks is excellent! Great job!

Damn dude, 40 rounds? I am not embarrassed to say that I could not take that kind of punishment.

With my 375 I put 10 rounds downrange from the Lead Sled with 50# of plate on it. Much less painful that way. Got groups just above 1" with factory 300gr Nosler PT's out at 200 yds. I thought that was good, but you are getting 1" groups at 250?

Off sticks I was hitting a 6" plate with a 5x scope at 200 yds. Thought that would be OK for now, but with much room for improvement.

Damn dude, 40 rounds? I am not embarrassed to say that I could not take that kind of punishment.

With my 375 I put 10 rounds downrange from the Lead Sled with 50# of plate on it. Much less painful that way. Got groups just above 1" with factory 300gr Nosler PT's out at 200 yds. I thought that was good, but you are getting 1" groups at 250?

Off sticks I was hitting a 6" plate with a 5x scope at 200 yds. Thought that would be OK for now, but with much room for improvement.

No, just over an inch at 100 yards. It was super muddy, so I didn't set any targets up further than a 100. I was just shooting steel at 250 with the 375 and out to 300 with the 7x64. I couldn't get to them to repaint, so I am not exactly sure how well I was grouping, but it felt pretty well.

20 rounds in one session is too much for my old bones.. 40 is an absolute non starter..

Typically I get in 3-4 sets of 3 shot groups (9-12 rounds total) in a single range session.. and thats all I want for a day shooting 300gr .375 H&H..

Thats off the bench though.. If I were shooting exclusively off sticks I might would go to 20 rounds.. but I think that would be about my limit..

I know there are a lot of folk here that dont care for lead sleds.. but for initial zero, and annual confirmation of zero that I do on all of my rifles, I LOVE my lead sled solo...

I just did 12 rounds of 375 (new scope needed to get dialed in), 18 rounds of .35 whelen (toying around with different loads to see what works well with the gun), 6 rounds of .308 (confirm zero), and 6 rounds of .22lr (confirm zero) this past weekend... and I didnt feel a thing at the end of the bench session :D

20 rounds in one session is too much for my old bones.. 40 is an absolute non starter..

Typically I get in 3-4 sets of 3 shot groups (9-12 rounds total) in a single range session.. and thats all I want for a day shooting 300gr .375 H&H..

Thats off the bench though.. If I were shooting exclusively off sticks I might would go to 20 rounds.. but I think that would be about my limit..

I know there are a lot of folk here that dont care for lead sleds.. but for initial zero, and annual confirmation of zero that I do on all of my rifles, I LOVE my lead sled solo...

I just did 12 rounds of 375 (new scope needed to get dialed in), 18 rounds of .35 whelen (toying around with different loads to see what works well with the gun), 6 rounds of .308 (confirm zero), and 6 rounds of .22lr (confirm zero) this past weekend... and I didnt feel a thing at the end of the bench session :D

I still feel it. I just shot 10 rounds of 280ai on a rifle with a break and it was still pretty tinder. I will use my brain a little more on my next session.

+1 on the sled. Love it for sighting in/confirming zero.
All my other rifle shooting is from hunting positions. Standing with and without sticks, kneeling, sitting and prone. Prone is the worst and I will only shoot 3 shots that way in a range session. Much easier on the shoulder when the body is allowed to move with the recoil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!