A Journey to Africa

agentjoey

Reaction score
Hunted
USA
Hey Guys
Been a member here since 2009 and I can't stop reading posts and information on here.
As all of you have been where I am right now, I have yet to fulfill my dream of hunting in Africa. Right as I think I can start saving for the trip I had several unfortunate events to happen that really hit me hard. I have not given up yet though. So here's what I thinking about doing, and please give me feedback on if it is a good idea or not.
The journey to Africa is a proposed book Im thinking of writing that will include my journey beginning at the first dream of going to Africa. It of course would include parts of my personal life and how my dream eventually came true. It would include the PH I hunt with and my experience in Africa all the way to the Post Africa days.
Does that sound like an interesting read to any of you guys??

Thanks
Joey

Joey,

For some people it would be for others it would not. I personally would enjoy it. I kept a personal journal starting two years before my safari, all the way through the end. It sounds much like what you are talking about here. I have read it front to back myself several times and I have friends and family that also have read it and I have gotten good feedback, but some people show no interest.

Just my $0.02.

nd

Agent Joey

Sound like a diary that you will be putting together for your self.

I do suggest you do a photo book of your hunt. either day one through day 14 or mix and match i have done it both ways.

I have done this for my trips. Some day i will put it together with some pictures and have a copy made for my self.

Ruark did it and others as well. Why not you?
I have just been reading Use Enough Gun, a Christmas gift.
Ruark went off to Africa, if I get the tale correctly, and was not proficient with his shooting at all.
He missed and wounded more stuff than anyone would have the guts to tell about today and was basically a novice hunter off to do a Safari.

He of course went on to hunt in Africa 10 times.

If it is interesting people will read it.
Go for it.

It sound interesting for most hunters, however, it depends on how good a writer you are.

By all means, do it, even if it is only for yourself in the end !

I agree with the rest do it for yourself and give the opportunity for others to read if nothing else it will be self gratifying and a writen log for you to reflect on for years to come.

I think if its something you want to do then go for it. Also as time goes by you will forget some of the details and events of your safari and this would be great way to refresh those memories.

Picked up a guy hitch hiking from New Jersey to LA, and he told me he was writing a book about the people he met and his journey from NJ to LA. Whether he did or not, and whether he found someone to publish the book is another story, but, it was a neat idea.

I would recommend contacting a publisher to see if they would help in the making of this dream of yours come true. I have always liked reading these books, one of my favorites was "21 days in Africa" by Dan Donarski. It was funded by him and he made it to print, so why not you? The only thing I think that could stop you would be you. Scott.

As others have said go for it! Again even if it is only for you it will recall memories when you go over it. I am puting together a photo alblum for my dad for his birthday. Just looking at the pictures bring back memories that I have already forgot about. I could only imagine if I had a book to read. You could have every last detail in a book, not in a picture. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will do it for sure even if it is just for memories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!