A Hunter's Explanation

Daktari

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
US: FL, ME
A person outside of our sport may ask why do you hunt? Why can't you just go on a photo or car safari and enjoy Africa like the rest of us?

The Hunter then begins his answer with a metaphor. Hunting is similar to going to a museum and seeing a painting. You have the normal everyday people looking at the painting from a distance, usually behind a velvet rope, and only allowed to view from a specific angle. Many times often rushed due to the fact there are many spectators waiting to see for themselves. The experience is but a momentary sense of wonderment that will be forgotten as you leave the walls of the museum.

A Hunter's experience will be similar to that of a painter. Just as a painter labors tirelessly for his art, a hunter works tirelessly for his quarry. The painter oftentimes gets paint on himself as he works similar to how the hunter will become covered with dirt and hopefully blood after a successful stalk. These visceral and tangible occurrences will stay in a person's mind for eternity. The feeling of dirt caked on their skin, the loudness of the gun shot, and the warmth of fresh blood on their hands. The feeling of achievement a painter experiences looking upon their finished work is the exact feeling a hunter has when looking at his quarry while on his wall.

The Hunter then looks at the person asking him the question and finishes by saying, "I wish to experience Africa the way it was meant to experienced by becoming one with it just as a painter becomes one with his painting."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross