AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
FB_IMG_1575727193927.jpg
FB_IMG_1575727191567.jpg
FB_IMG_1575727188171.jpg
FB_IMG_1575727185272.jpg

The above 4 photographs taken by myself last year , are of a tool which holds an extremely special space in my heart. It has been my faithful companion since 1959 and has never let me down . Today , my article is not about a particular incident or a particular person . It is about a gun which gave me many great adventures in the last 60 years and still continues to do so.

Our story begins in 1959 . I was an 18 year old young man at the time in Nagpur , India who was passionate about the sport of hunting . My maternal grandfather ( whom we call " Nana " and the man who raised me ) was the man who introduced me to the lovely world of hunting since l was 7 years old. Sepoy Jalaluddin Khan was an avid hunter and sports man . He had purchased a Winchester Model 1895 lever rifle , burning a 300 grain .405 Winchester cartridge during the British colonial period from a shop called Manton and Co and would use cartridge from the company ICI Kynoch . In his entire life , he took countless deer of various species ( sambhur , cheetal and hog deer ) , 4 horned buck and Neelgai with that rifle for the supper table . However , he also took 2 royal Bengal tigers and 5 panthers with that marvellous American lever gun ( like a buffoon , l foolishly let him sell it in 1966 when he could not longer source cartridges for it) . It is needless to say that this great man was my inspiration to enter into the world of hunting . However , what does does every hunter need ? A gun ( or guns ) .

I began to look at what was locally available , as soon as l became of age to get a firearms license ( 18 years being the minimal permissible age for a firearms license at that time ) . At the time , after India became independent in 1947 , new fire arms and ammunition ceased to be imported into the country . The Indian Ordinance Factories began to supply 2 types of sporting firearms for civilian shikarees .
The first was the IOF .315 calibre bolt rifle . The .315 calibre was the Indian name for the 8 millimeter rimmed Mannlicher cartridge , firing a 244 grain soft nose bullet at a velocity of 2000 feet per second .
The rifle was built on a cheap Indian copy of the British service Lee Enfield action and it held 5 cartridges in the detachable magazines .
Never did a fouler weapon exist . The heat treating of the barrels was improper , resulting in worn out rifling after as little as 180 firings . The follower springs of the rifle magazines might as well have been made from pot metal . They were known to break frequently . They were also notorious for failing to extract expended cartridge cases .
Below , is a photograph taken from the internet of an IOF .315 calibre bolt rifle .
Screenshot_20191207-030952_01_01_01.png

The second firearm was the IOF 12 calibre DBBL gun . This was a double barreled side by side shot gun of 12 calibre ( using the 2.75 inch chambers ) with fully choked 32 inch long muzzles , weighing little over 6 pounds . These guns were an insult to the word " shot gun " . The earlier models came with ejectors , but these ejectors never worked in kicking out the empty cartridge case . The later models ( for this reason ) lacked any ejectors or extractors . However , the guns were plagued with other problems . Their katta ( sear springs ) were made from very poor quality metal and were prone to breaking after a considerable amount of firings .
Even if you had the sear springs replaced , you would eventually shoot the gun's action loose after about 1000 firings .

My good friend , Darjeeling based retired professional shikaree , Sergeant Kawshik Rahman had to make do with such a foul weapon for the entity of his 8 year career as a professional shikaree. Kawshik cut down the 32 inch muzzles to 28 inches to remove the chokes and thus allow him to use the gun with s.g cartridges of 12 calibre ( which held 12 pellets to the cartridge ) . However , the poor fellow was routinely battered by the recoil of that light 6 pound gun , loaded with s.g . The fact that Kawshik made do with such an inferior weapon and lived to take 31 panthers and 4 royal Bengal tigers with that gun , speaks volumes about Kawshik's resilience as a shikaree .
Below , is a photograph provided by Sergeant Kawshik Rahman of the biggest royal Bengal tiger ever shot by Kawshik in 1969 ( which was co incidentally his final royal Bengal tiger ) using that IOF 12 bore DBBL gun and 2 s.g cartridges fired into the spinal column of the brute from a tree.
received_551989612237068.jpeg

Therefore , what l really wanted was an imported gun . Even though there were no new firearms still being imported into the country , there were still many existing fire arms left in the country from the British colonial period , brought into the country prior to 1947 . It was merely a matter of looking at the right place . However , 1 had to be very lucky . There were also those fire arms privately brought into the country by those English residents who had chosen to remain in India even after the Independence .
They were legally able to purchase one fire arm from a foreign country and bring it back to India at that time .

An English gentleman named Mr. Saunders who used to own a tea garden was leaving back to England in 1959 . Thus , he was selling off many of the things which he owned and he had put an advertisement on the local newspaper . One of the items listed was a " Fine Belgian double gun of 12 bore with 3 inch magnum chambers " for 35 Rupees. The price was rather reasonable.
Intrigued immediately , l decided to pay the gentleman a visit and see the gun for myself . I was immediately captivated by what l had seen . It was a double barreled hammerless shot gun of 12 calibre weighing upwards of 7 pounds . The gun had 3 inch chambers and twin triggers . The barrels were just under 28 inches long . The left barrel was fully choked , while the right was a modified choke. The gun had " full choke " marked on the left barrel and " modified choke " marked on the right barrel. Written on the underside of the gun was " Magnum 12 bore DBBL made in Belgium " . It was equipped with extractors.
It came in an oiled leather gun cover , marked " Mercury " . I knew that l had to have it , no matter what the cost .
Along with the gun , the gentleman was selling off all of his paper shot gun cartridges as well . These came in 3 varieties . There was Eley Alphamax no.6 bird shot cartridges . There was Eley Alphamax triple A cartridges ( holding 44 pellets to the cartridge ) . These were both 2.75 inches in length .
And there was Eley Grand Prix spherical ball cartridges . These were 2.5 inches in length and loaded with a 16 calibre spherical lead ball , designed to pass through even the tightest of 12 calibre chokes .
Below , is a photograph taken from the internet of an Eley Grand Prix spherical ball cartridge , for reference.
Screenshot_20191129-224431_01.png

All together , there were 600 cartridges ( if l give a round about figure ) . The gentleman was willing to part with the cartridges for just an additional 10 Rupees.
Thus , for a grand total of 45 Rupees , l had acquired this handsome gun and cartridges , in a time when the vast majority of local shikarees were forced to make do with the garbage being turned out of the Indian Ordinance Factories .
I immediately took a liking to the shot gun as l began hunting in the out skirts of Nagpur. Sambhur , cheetal , mouse and hog deer , 4 horned buck , Neelgai , wild boar , jungle fowl and water fowl fell to that grand old gun with impunity .
For jungle fowl and ducks , l was using the no.6 . For mouse deer, geese and cranes , l was using triple A. For the mammals , l was using the spherical ball cartridges , even though l realized that l would often need to shoot them 2 to 3 times to kill them . This was because the Eley Grand Prix spherical ball cartridges were " low brass " cartridges , having a brass length of a mere 10 mm , as opposed to 16 mm on most shot gun cartridges , even at that time . This meant that the powder charge in these cartridges was fairly low . However , l was still extremely content with what l had.
In 1960 , l killed my first man eating royal Bengal tiger using this shot gun and the Eley Grand Prix spherical ball cartridges . I had to shoot it twice . The 2nd shot , aimed for it's head , right between it's eyes , was what did that man eater in .
Below , l have provided a photograph of the very first man eating royal Bengal tiger which l had killed with with my shot gun . The photograph was taken by my servant , Ponual.
Screenshot_20191201-075830_01_01_01.png

After l joined Allwyn Cooper Limited in Nagpur , India , as a professional shikaree in 1961 , l specialized in guiding clients for Royal Bengal tiger shikars . I would request my clients to bring me Eley 12 calibre cartridges from their own countries into India , so that l could build up a reliable stock .
Back in Allwyn Cooper Limited in those days , our employers had a very strict policy ( on account of the commercial nature of the outfitter ) . The only time when a professional shikaree was under a compulsion to open fire at a client's animal was if the wounded animal was in the process of charging at anyone in our party . An escaping animal wounded by our client , was the client's problem .
However , from 1965 onwards , l began to follow up wounded animals shot by my clients to dispatch them anyway and put them out of their suffering .
This is not because l was a good man . No. I was always indifferent to the suffering of animals wounded by clients ( even though , l personally would always follow up any animal which l shot in my personal time ) .
I had an American friend ( and fellow professional shikaree) who made me understand that indifference is not the answer to an animal's pro longed suffering . That friend was Tobin Stakkatz .
At the same time , however , l was growing increasingly unsatisfied with the performance of Eley Grand Prix spherical ball cartridges on larger ( and dangerous animals ) . They worked well on the smaller mammals , like cheetal deer or 4 horned buck driven towards me during beats. However , for the larger species of deer , wild boars , bears , panthers and royal Bengal tigers , the 10 mm brass capacity of powder propellant was simply too low to ensure adequate penetration into the vital organs of an animal . This was exemplified by the fact that a round spherical ball lacks sectional density for adequate penetration with 100 % reliability .
I realized that l needed a change in my choice of ammunition .
During my interactions with my professional shikaree friends , based in the state of Darjeeling : Kawshik Rahman and the late Karim Chowdhury , l heard them give glowing reports about an old stock of ICI Kynoch Lethal Ball cartridges which they had gotten access to . Kawshik , in particular , had successfully crumpled a charging 200 pound panther with a point blank range shot , at the creature's heart with an ICI Kynoch Lethal Ball cartridge , at that time . This was exactly what l needed.
There was a problem , however . Kynoch Lethal Ball cartridges were no longer available on the market anywhere . However , Eley Brothers was selling a 2.75 inch long " Alphamax " cartridge , loaded with the fabled Lethal Ball bullet . Thus , l could simply ask my clients to bring me them , instead of the spherical ball cartridges which l was previously requesting.
There was 1 more problem ; a legal one . Even though Lethal Ball cartridges were perfectly legal for local shikarees to own and use in every other state in India at the time , this was not so , in Nagpur . In the British colonial period , some bird brained colonial administrator had banned the possession of Lethal Ball cartridges by locals after villagers started using them to settle " feuds " . Indeed , the effects a Lethal Ball cartridge can have on a man's internal organs is nothing short of horrifying . However , that is no excuse to ban a sporting cartridge .

I was initially hesitant to write about this , but l was re assured by @Kawshik Rahman and @Shootist43 that members of this site would not judge me too harshly for breaking the law ( even though it was a stupid law 55 years ago in Nagpur which was not even very strictly enforced ) . I was doing something illegal . I knew that clients from foreign countries could easily bring Eley Lethal Ball cartridges into the country with impunity , as the restriction did not apply to them
I asked the owner of Allwyn Cooper Limited , Mr. Vidya C Shukla if l would get into any trouble for possessing Lethal Ball cartridges and using them .
Mr. Shukla , who was already a key player in Indian politics at the time ( he even has his own page on Wikipedia ) coyly told me that if it helped me do my job better , then l could go ahead , as long as l kept the matter to myself . However , he also said that finding ammunition would be my problem .
This , l readily agreed to.
And thus , from 1965 , l started getting supplied with Eley Brothers Lethal Ball cartridges of 12 calibre and 2.75 inch case length .
A Lethal Ball bullet is basically a hollow lead ball with a honey comb shaped interior designed to violently fragment inside the body of what ever ( or who ever ) it was fired at . It was of 16 calibre , so that it could pass through even the fullest of 12 calibre chokes . With a brass length of 16 mm and an increased powder charge , the Lethal Ball cartridges gave me great satisfaction for all dangerous animals l ever shot at .
Below is a photograph originally used by Sergeant Kawshik Rahman in one of his articles of an advertisement of ICI Kynoch Lethal Ball cartridges for reference. I have taken Kawshik's permission to reproduce this image.
Screenshot_20191006-003540.png
Screenshot_20191006-003441.png

Below is an image l have lifted from the internet of a Lethal Ball projectile that would fit a 12 calibre cartridge.

I know that in a previous article , l had made passing mention of the fact that l have killed 12 royal Bengal tigers in my life , 7 of which were man eaters . This is true . However , that is not the whole story and it would be unethical of me not to tell the truth .
Out of the 7 man eaters , it was only the 1st one which l can truly say that l killed all by myself . The other 6 were already badly wounded by some one else ( with varying degrees of blood loss ) . All l had to do was follow them up into the thickets and deliver the killing blow to an already wounded and weakened animal .
The 5 normal royal Bengal tigers which l had killed were already wounded by my clients and would have , in all probability died any way from blood loss or infection . I merely shot and killed them to accelerate their death , because they were trying to charge my clients .
Thus , l personally consider myself to have only truly hunted 1 royal Bengal tiger in the true hunting sense and the only reason , l had succeeded there was through sheer luck . I have provided the account of that story on this site , titled " My first man eating royal Bengal tiger " .
Because of this reason , l have always considered my learned colleague Sergeant Kawshik Rahman to be a better hunter of royal Bengal tigers , because while he only killed 4 royal Bengal tigers in his life , 3 of them were completely uninjured when Kawshik had to contend with them .

Below are some photographs taken either by myself or by my servant , Ponual of some of the royal Bengal tigers which l had to finish off , in my career as a professional shikaree .
I plan to eventually detail every single one of these shikars on this site in the next few weeks.
Screenshot_20191201-075954_01_01.png
Screenshot_20191201-080635_01_01_01.png
Screenshot_20191201-080726_01_01.png
Screenshot_20191201-080801_01_01.png
Screenshot_20191201-081002_01_01.png
Screenshot_20191201-082544_01_01.png

I do , however take credit for the 20 panthers which l have killed in my life , 13 of which were man eaters , as these l had killed myself , while they were in an uninjured state .
My Belgian shot gun , loaded with Eley 12 calibre Lethal Ball cartridges certainly did the trick on them , at distances of 30 yards or less.
Below , l have provided 2 photographs taken by myself of some panthers ( 1 on the ground and 1 being hung ) which had
fallen to my old gun and the Eley Lethal Ball bullet.
Screenshot_20191208-071335_01_01_01_01_01.png
Screenshot_20191208-071341_01_01_01_01_01_01.png

The damage which an Eley lethal Ball bullet can do to the head of a panther at close range needs to be seen to be believed , especially when fired right between the eyes at distances less than 20 feet . It is my intention to relate all of the stories involving the panthers as well , on this site.

A question which boggles the mind of many a site member , is exactly how did l manage to retain my shot gun after the draconian and senseless Wildlife Protection Act of 1972 in India. The answer is sheer luck ( if you can call it luck , considering what happened to me ) .
During 1971 , l had enlisted in the Bangladesh liberation war . Due to lack of sufficient quantity of firearms to be used by the freedom fighters , those of us who had access to personal firearms were encouraged to bring them to the battle field . I brought my Mercury 12 calibre shot gun to the battle field , until l could acquire proper military firearms .
Eventually , l was issued a Sten gun and l kept the shot gun inside a foot locker in the military base at Rajshahi where l was posted .
During the war , l was shot in the face in October of 1971. When Bangladesh became independent on December 16 of 1971 , l was still recovering from my injuries at the field hospital at Rajshahi cantonment .
In the mean time , in India the Wild Life Protection Act was passed in January of 1972 . By the time , l recovered fully and realized what had happened in India , l decided that l would rather stay back in Bangladesh. All of us freedom fighters were given free citizenship there . My fellow soldiers at the Rajshahi base , who knew that the shot gun was mine, had actually brought it back to the hospital before l was released ( people were still decent back in my generation . If something like this happened today , the l have no doubt that the shot gun would have been stolen ) . Thus , through pure co incidence , l managed to keep my shot gun .

Today , my old Belgian shot gun is kept just as busy as it was 60 years ago and it has only gotten better with age .

Below is a photograph l have taken to illustrate it's prowess even now.
Screenshot_20191208-074233_01_01_01.png

Even though , my dearly deceased American friend and former professional shikaree colleague , Tobin Stakkatz had gifted me a beautiful German 12 calibre semi automatic shot gun some years prior to his death and l myself had purchased a .22 Long Rifle calibre Austrian semi automatic rifle in 1996 to shoot pigeons and rabbits , l still consider my old Belgian double barreled shot gun to be the gun which came to define me as a shikaree .

Below , l have provided the photographs of my other 2 of my 3 firearms .
IMG_20191208_001645_01.jpg
IMG_20191207_175344.jpg

Even though both of these firearms are excellent and l have no intention to part with them , it will always be my old Belgian shot gun which is The Gun that did it all , for me . Granted, it is certainly not the most modern of armaments according to modern notions . But l would not be afforded a life time's worth of adventures without it .

FB_IMG_1575727193927.jpg

I hope that this article proved enjoyable . Do any of my readers have a sentimental connection to any particular rifle or shot gun in their battery ? If so , please share your experiences.

Last edited:
Beautiful shotgun, Major Khan. It looks very well maintained after all that use.
I was gifted a German made 7mm Mauser (made for the Chilean military) last Christmas by a man who bought it from his brother for $75 dollars many years ago. That was his whole pay check for the week and he said he didn’t eat well that week as the rifle displaced all his funds. He used that rifle to feed himself with whitetail dear for a long time. He has since bought sold and traded many guns, but that was his favorite and the one he never sold. The rifle shoots very well and with the open sights I can shoot a Skoal can sized group at 100 yards with a sandbag,
My Winchester model 70 .375 means a lot to me as I saved for it for a long time. It me me a little over a year and several loads of firewood to acquire the money.
The third is my Winchester model 70 pre 64 30-06. It’s my personal favorite.
I am only 22 years old, so my guns don’t have the great stories yet, but someday they will.
image.jpg

Major Khan,

Thanks for that excellent write up!

Interesting that Asian leopards were/are also called panthers. Must be a world wide alternate common name for that sized cat. In North America, including the far southern areas in Mexico, mountain lions go by various names including panther and in Central and South America the jaguar is also sometimes called a panther.

Wyatt Smith,
I like your battery. Have had all those you picture. Yes, those Chilean M95 7x57 Mausers are very good shooting and finely made- impressed me when I first really closely inspected one! It looks to be the carbine or short rifle M95 variant? I had the rifle version and it shot extremely well. And of all the many guns I've owned and sold, it is one of the few I wish I still had.

Last edited:
Dear Sir, Major Khan.
Thank you for this story.

My favourite gun is the one which is no longer in family. It was a single shot, 22lr, german Erma rifle.

It once belonged to my grandfather. But it is gone now, with generation changes in the family.

But this one, i would really love to have again. I grew up with it, and my granpa thought me to shoot with it.

Major Khan,

Interesting that Asian leopards were/are also called panthers. Must be a world wide alternate common name for that sized cat. In North America, including the far southern areas in Mexico, mountain lions go by various names including panther and in Central and South America the jaguar is also sometimes called a panther.

Wyatt Smith,
I like your battery. Have had all those you picture. Yes, those Chilean M95 7x57 Mausers are very good shooting and finely made- impressed me when I first really closely inspected one! It looks to be the carbine or short rifle M95 variant? I had the rifle version and it shot extremely well. And of all the many guns I've owned and sold, it is one of the few I wish I still had.
It a M98 Mauser made at the oberndorf plant. It says 1935 I’m not sure if that’s the year or some military designation.

Poton
Which shop did you have it re-blued from ? On a related subject , l took the Westley Richards 12 bore side by side shot-gun out to secure some quails recently . I managed to secure five quails with eight number 6 cartridges .
Certainly , there is room for improvement on my part . In the old days , l never needed to waste so many cartridges.

Beautiful shotgun, Major Khan. It looks very well maintained after all that use.
I was gifted a German made 7mm Mauser (made for the Chilean military) last Christmas by a man who bought it from his brother for $75 dollars many years ago. That was his whole pay check for the week and he said he didn’t eat well that week as the rifle displaced all his funds. He used that rifle to feed himself with whitetail dear for a long time. He has since bought sold and traded many guns, but that was his favorite and the one he never sold. The rifle shoots very well and with the open sights I can shoot a Skoal can sized group at 100 yards with a sandbag,
My Winchester model 70 .375 means a lot to me as I saved for it for a long time. It me me a little over a year and several loads of firewood to acquire the money.
The third is my Winchester model 70 pre 64 30-06. It’s my personal favorite.
I am only 22 years old, so my guns don’t have the great stories yet, but someday they will.View attachment 317303
Thank you , young man for your most kind comment . You are very mature for your age. Indeed , l believe in the old English saying " Use , not Abuse " . I have used my old Belgian shot gun now for 60 years and it has never failed to give satisfactory performance . I would always clean the gun every night after a long day of shikar and would oil it with tea tree oil to keep it well . Loaded with Eley Alphamax Lethal Ball cartridges , it slew 20 panthers without ever giving me any reason to complain .
I absolutely love your battery ( but then again , l automatically get biased whenever l see Winchester Model 70 rifles in anyone's battery ). I see that you chose to leave the full ( military style ) stock intact on your 7 mm Mauser bolt rifle , which is interesting , considering that many people who own these military surplus Mauser rifles , tend to sporterize them . I am glad that you kept yours unmolested .

Major Khan,

Wyatt Smith,
Dear Fourfive8 , l am exceedingly grateful for your appreciation . In different parts of India we had different names for panthers . For instance , my friend , colleague and member of this site , Sergeant Kawshik Rahman was raised in West Bengal , where they would call ( we we refer to as ) panthers " leopards " .
However , they are exactly the same animal with no difference whatsoever .

Dear Sir, Major Khan.
Thank you for this story.

My favourite gun is the one which is no longer in family. It was a single shot, 22lr, german Erma rifle.

It once belonged to my grandfather. But it is gone now, with generation changes in the family.

But this one, i would really love to have again. I grew up with it, and my granpa thought me to shoot with it.
Dear Mark Hunter,
That sounds definitely like a rifle which 1 would develop an emotional attachment to . I myself own one .22 LR calibre rifle .
It is a semi automatic Austrian rifle which holds 10 cartridges in the magazine.
Here is a photograph of the maker's name on the rifle .

IMG_20191208_001827.jpg

Poton
Which shop did you have it re-blued from ? On a related subject , l took the Westley Richards 12 bore side by side shot-gun out to secure some quails recently . I managed to secure five quails with eight number 6 cartridges .
Certainly , there is room for improvement on my part . In the old days , l never needed to waste so many cartridges.
I had it re-blued from " Gun Max" , Kawshik. They did it for only TK 2000 and l think that they did a very good job .
You will slowly get better. Remember , you've been exclusively using your Beretta over under for the last 30 years . You have not owned a side by side , since 1972 . So , it will take you some time to readjust to shooting a side by side All things considered , 5 quails with 8 cartridges is certainly not bad . Are you coming to Haider bhai's Horel shoot ?

Poton, on a related subject , l took the Westley Richards 12 bore side by side shot-gun out to secure some quails recently . I managed to secure five quails with eight number 6 cartridges .

Kawshik, we are all slowing down, I believe it is an age related issue.

Poton, what would 45 Rupees been in U.S. Dollars back when you bought your shotgun? I paid $56.00 for my Marlin 39A back in 1958. I still have that rifle and taught my sons how to shoot using it. Good tools will last multiple generations if cleaned and cared for properly.

Poton, what would 45 Rupees been in U.S. Dollars back when you bought your shotgun? I paid $56.00 for my Marlin 39A back in 1958. I still have that rifle and taught my sons how to shoot using it. Good tools will last multiple generations if cleaned and cared for properly.
Shootist43, 45 Rupees would be equal to 16 of your American Dollars back in those days . At that price , it was quite a bargain . Ah , Marlin . A lever rifle . How would you compare a Marlin lever rifle to , for example a Winchester , like a Model 1892 , 1894 or 1895 ?

Marlins and Winchesters look and function very much alike, but more like the 1894. The main difference is that the Marlins eject spent cartridges to the side. Lever action guns in my opinion are best used for shorter / woods distances. I have an aperture sight on mine which I love using on hogs under 100 yds.

Just to be clear I have two Marlin rifles. My first one was a Model 39A (22 Cal.) and a Model 336 in
35 Remington. The 35 Remington is the one I have hunted hogs with.

Shootist43
That is also true. Except for Poton ! His skills with a side by side shot-gun only got better with age . He still beats most of us when pigeon shooting , with that Belgian 12 bore side by side shot-gun .

They say “beware of the man who owns one gun, he probably knows how to use it.”

They say “beware of the man who owns one gun, he probably knows how to use it.”
Wyatt Smith
Shootist43 often tells me the exact same thing . On a related subject , Poton owns 3 fire arms . He also owns a .22 Long Rifle calibre Austrian auto loader rifle and a 12 bore German auto loader shot gun with 76 millimeter chambers and removable chokes . However , he seldom seems to use them except perhaps for a recreational bit of shooting , now and then . He has always used his Belgian 12 bore side by side shot-gun for all of his serious hunting . Indeed , your quote certainly applies to Poton in every way !

Wyatt Smith
Shootist43 often tells me the exact same thing . On a related subject , Poton owns 3 fire arms . He also owns a .22 Long Rifle calibre Austrian auto loader rifle and a 12 bore German auto loader shot gun with 76 millimeter chambers and removable chokes . However , he seldom seems to use them except perhaps for a recreational bit of shooting , now and then . He has always used his Belgian 12 bore side by side shot-gun for all of his serious hunting . Indeed , your quote certainly applies to Poton in every way !
My friend who gifted me the 7mm Mauser always tells me that quote.

Thank you for a look at history and of a fine weapon and friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwoody

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross