A GIANT leap of faith

Can't wait to see the finished taxidermy!

I am getting real impatient for my safari trophies to leave Africa......

:A Band:Oh where oh where can
my trophies be:A Band:....Hate the wait! You would think as big as a pain in the the butt I am about that Splitting image would have contacted me to tell me they got my permit or not from Limpopo. I only emailed them 4/5 times since August. o_O. Sorry guys I need the diversion from everything else going on to vent.

No worries Johnny. Hope the recovery is going well. Still in our prayers.

I’m looking at several blank spots on my wall waiting on my stuff from last August in Limpopo. Hopefully June or July.

Hey Johnny we hunted with Marius last May our crate has been in DC since Dec. 24, waiting for the airline to ship to Chicago for final clearing with Fish and Wildlife and D&L. Then it will go to Wildlife Gallery in Michigan for tanning, then to our taxidermist here in Michigan for mounting, so hoping to get the mounts back by fall. If I am right you hunted with Marius in August so I don't think you are behind with your shipment according to our shipment timeline, hope this helps ease the tension. My best to you and your wife, good luck my friend. Kurt

Hey Johnny we hunted with Marius last May our crate has been in DC since Dec. 24, waiting for the airline to ship to Chicago for final clearing with Fish and Wildlife and D&L. Then it will go to Wildlife Gallery in Michigan for tanning, then to our taxidermist here in Michigan for mounting, so hoping to get the mounts back by fall. If I am right you hunted with Marius in August so I don't think you are behind with your shipment according to our shipment timeline, hope this helps ease the tension. My best to you and your wife, good luck my friend. Kurt
Thanks buddy. Mine hasn’t left Africa yet. Aghhh

Patience my friend, patience. My trophies (dip and ship) were held up for just about a year awaiting "official approval" for shipment. Apparently the Govt . collects its fee first and then at sometime in the future at their convenience do they process the necessary paperwork. I too thought that "is a hell of a way to run a railroad."

Thanks buddy. Mine hasn’t left Africa yet. Aghhh

Going through the same anxiety waiting for my stuff to get final export permits and approval as you John.... :E Loopy::E Loopy:

Patience my friend, patience. My trophies (dip and ship) were held up for just about a year awaiting "official approval" for shipment. Apparently the Govt . collects its fee first and then at sometime in the future at their convenience do they process the necessary paperwork. I too thought that "is a hell of a way to run a railroad."
They keep my stuff a year that will be my last hunt in Africa for sure. I can understand a very remote country taking that long but not South African

Shouldn’t be to much longer I would think I was with marius the week before you. I believe he dropped me at the airport and flew up to meet you and last I heard from hunters and collectors was they had my stuff done just waiting on one permit to ship. So I would hear something on it in the next month I would think once I’m back from Asia. It could be a lot worse I just got word yesterday my elephant from 2016 just cleared customs in San Francisco so once I’m home should have it waiting.

Just got off the phone with Rosella from SSI. Stuff should be airborne in two weeks. Spoke to @gizmo he’s raring to go.

Patience is a virtue but who wants to be virtuous?

Lol. Not me!

Just sent the wire transfer to SSI for dip/pack shipping etc... Set to leave within the next two weeks. $4200 for all mentioned ouch..That is the definite down side to hunting Africa. Looking forward to @gizmo getting started and bouncing ideas off him. I have one specific idea for my buffalo pedestal mount.

Lucky you! My buddy jist got his airline manifest for his crate! Still waitin on exports for me!
Feels like forever. I’ll be happy once gizmo has it in is hands.

Good news

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg