A Full House of Mausers

My old M96 6.5x55, a lot of years and a lot of animals

7apYKww.jpg

....not a Mauser but 7x57 rimmed in two of its various incarnations, now restocked ,again

AwtEN2H.jpg

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
What I like about those three Mauser calibers is they do just enough and do it very well. No extra fuss, boom or bother, just monotonous reliability in getting the job done every time!

Very beautiful collection . Here is my own .
View attachment 413366View attachment 413367View attachment 413368

E.J Churchill 7x57 mm Mauser , built on a Yugoslavian M98 military surplus action . It’s accounted for the last of my three Royal Bengal Tigers , in 1989 . As well as truckloads of Chital deer , Kakar deer and jungle boar over the years .

Yeah , you can’t really name a bigger genius in the firearms world than Paul Mauser .
Great rifle with stories to tell...but I suspect you have gotten your money's worth out of that recoil pad, pardon my nosiness...

That’s a beauty , Per H . I think yours has a 5 round magazine capacity . Yours looks like the stripper clip ear guides have been ground off , in order to make it look sporterized .

It is 5 shot, gunsmith put the Leupold standard mount on it, as not to have to machine off the rear top for the clip slot on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!