hawkeyesatx

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member NRA, Life Member DAV
Hunted
Coyote, Deer, Elk, Moose
I just love how some things end up working out, and aren’t intentionally done.

I now have 3 rifles that are chambered in old Mauser military rounds, but work extremely well for sporting purposes.

The top rifle is a Czech VZ-24 in 7.92x57mm, sporterized.
Middle rifle is a Winchester M70 Featherweight in 7x57.
Bottom rifle is an old M38 Swedish Mauser, in the ever amazing 6.5x55.
The 2 Mauser rifles aren’t exactly beautiful, but that doesn’t mean they’re not prized rifles.

Hawk

IMG_1289.jpg

Great looking rifles i love the 6.5x55 cartridge with all the fuss about the 6.5 cm you would think all the young wankers do not know it was done a long time ago! what about the6.5 Japanese the 6.5 Italian & the European 6.5s from the early 1900s I have to admit that i have a 6.5 cm 6.5 Grendel & 260 rem but use my old sportier M38 Swede most of the time

Very beautiful collection . Here is my own .
54898484-8AAB-4796-AD64-BCFE8255B729.jpeg
823F85CE-2B46-462E-9407-9598CB429FF1.jpeg
B1A0F306-D4E8-4840-8CC7-ADA2CEBBA8DF.jpeg

E.J Churchill 7x57 mm Mauser , built on a Yugoslavian M98 military surplus action . It’s accounted for the last of my three Royal Bengal Tigers , in 1989 . As well as truckloads of Chital deer , Kakar deer and jungle boar over the years .

Yeah , you can’t really name a bigger genius in the firearms world than Paul Mauser .

Great looking rifles i love the 6.5x55 cartridge with all the fuss about the 6.5 cm you would think all the young wankers do not know it was done a long time ago! what about the6.5 Japanese the 6.5 Italian & the European 6.5s from the early 1900s I have to admit that i have a 6.5 cm 6.5 Grendel & 260 rem but use my old sportier M38 Swede most of the time
Agreed! I find I’m using the 6.5 grendel a lot lately even thought I have a delightful 6.5 ms and a rare 6..5 x 54 mauser shorty.

My 7x57 ,on a Dwm Brazil action, action was surplus or not used much until gunsmith found it, so she was built in 1909 ,height of La Belle Epoque ,not knowing what lay ahead to come. Scope ,Leupold VxR 3-9x50

View attachment 413461
That’s a beauty , Per H . I think yours has a 5 round magazine capacity . Yours looks like the stripper clip ear guides have been ground off , in order to make it look sporterized .

I built a 6.5 Grendel using a ruger 77 mk 11 7.62x39 action with a Pacnor pre fit barrel 1 -8 twist about 10 years ago it shoots 3/4 inch 5 shot groups every day, with 100 grain Nosler bt with 29.5 grains of adi 8208 very light recoil a joy of a rifle to shoot .

I now have 3 rifles that are chambered in old Mauser military rounds, but work extremely well for sporting purposes.

The 2 Mauser rifles aren’t exactly beautiful, but that doesn’t mean they’re not prized rifles.

Hawk

View attachment 413125

Nice rifles except for that M70 7x57. Looks terrible to the point that I’m willing to take pity on you and buy it to relieve you of this terrible burden.

Just PM me and we can work out a deal I’m sure…..I’ll hold my breath until then…… :)

That’s a beauty , Per H . I think yours has a 5 round magazine capacity . Yours looks like the stripper clip ear guides have been ground off , in order to make it look sporterized .

Yes its been taken down abit ,and 5 shot still. He built it from leftover parts, stock and Timney trigger are new , barrel is a re cut Lilja, M70 safety and hinged magazine he also tound around.

And Leupold mount was little bitused, scope i bpught new in box.

Shoots very good with 165,140 and on top 177 Tig

I love all of the Sporterized Mausers on this post! Amazing!

Most are absolutely beautiful!
Man, that’s some craftsmanship there! WOW!

Hawk

Hawk

View attachment 413125
Classy classics each and every one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.