Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I wonder which ones of these will be dropping critters for BillC and his son this summer in RSA?

photo (27).JPG

The shiny ones......good choice tarbe, they should work well. .300WM?

BillC did the choosing, I just did the loading! Next up are about 60 rounds with 180gr Barnes TTSX.

Yes, 300 Winchester Mag.

I think Bill already shot all of those... You'd better send more Tim!!! :)

And I've got to bite the bullet and start reloading myself....

I cant even thank you enough for all you have been doing for me.
The ammo you have already done and the new rounds your are doing is a great help.Just another thing this site has helped me with and I must say tim is a great guy helping me out like he did.I have made some great friends on here and hope to get to meet some people either in africa or maybe at a hunting show.For the record I am helping tim out also.I have been talking him into more animals for his trip everytime we email.lol I have even helped royal out with that as much as I can.The joy of helping people spend there money on fun stuff.

He took on the job to make sure I have rounds for the hunt when I was coming up empty looking for good quality rounds.Was scared to start reloading before the trip with time short and reloading supples hard to come by.He did me some 257 and 300 to start and all went well.Came up with 4 combo for each in tsx and aframes and even try some of his own stuff to see how they would do.Got some 200 grain aframes and 180 grain tsx for the 300 mag and 100 grain aframes and 100 grain tsx.Going to try some 120 grain nolser part. in the 257 yet and hope the gun likes them.

I shoot all the rounds to test with out making any scope changes.Was a windy day blowing 15 to gust of 25 when we did the shooting and I was still more then happy with the groups.

Thanks again tim I owe you big time

Attachments

• 0424142051.jpg
    0424142051.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 0424142051a.jpg
    0424142051a.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 98
Bill, it is my pleasure to be of service to a fellow hunter/shooter...especially one who is making such effort to give his son such great experiences. I only ask that you not kill everything in RSA....leave something for me! :LOL:

Here are the newly loaded 62 rounds of Barnes TTSX 180gr. They are warning me they do not want to be wasted on paper, they want to rearrange flesh and bone!

Next up, 257 Weatherby!

photo (29).JPG

BillC did the choosing, I just did the loading! Next up are about 60 rounds with 180gr Barnes TTSX.

Yes, 300 Winchester Mag.

That's love. Reloading for someone else. Hope they work well for them.

That's love. Reloading for someone else. Hope they work well for them.

If Bill loved me back, he'd buy the Kimber I just listed in the classifieds so I can afford to shoot an extra animal next year! :)

Try 120gr A-Frames in the 257Weatherby. They will work great. I have data for 100gr A-Frames, 100gr Scirroco and 120gr A-Frames if you want it.

Brick he does not know I am showing him some love by helping him add to his list.He will understand after he is there for his trip and glad his list got bigger.The gun buying would hurt my list tim so dont know if I could pull that one off.

Divernhunter I did look for 120 grain aframes but could not find any in stock so I got the 100 grainers.I am hoping the 120 nolser will shoot well and they will work out.Mainly using the 257 for springbucks and mtn reedbuck this trip.maybe on nyala and bushbuck to and some jackal at night.

Bill, it is my pleasure to be of service to a fellow hunter/shooter...especially one who is making such effort to give his son such great experiences. I only ask that you not kill everything in RSA....leave something for me! :LOL:

Here are the newly loaded 62 rounds of Barnes TTSX 180gr. They are warning me they do not want to be wasted on paper, they want to rearrange flesh and bone!

Next up, 257 Weatherby!

View attachment 27496

I just love to look at shining finished loaded TTSX ammo ready to go for some proper hunting and drop some animals.
I know so well how good they perform and I always feel 100% confident about what they will do on the animal when I pull the trigger :)

I think with all the rounds you made up now I am good to go.Very few of this will be put into paper.Just enough to check gun when in africa.

One of them 180 tsxx may even get a try in new mexico for mule deer in unit 17 with my son.The brat drew a deer tag this year.lol

A-Frames and Partitions and Xs -
photo (48).JPG
oh my! Left to right: 30 100gr TTSX, 8 120gr Partition, 20 100gr A-Frame.

I will try to get these, and the 300 Mags above, on the way to PA tomorrow!

Tim

They look great and will look forward to getting them soon.I will only waste those nolser on paper to see which work in that gun.Will have another empty box of 257 after we shoot some factory rounds this weekend.

i do love those A-frames! i will very likely be using 400gr .410" A-frames for my trip to Africa.

-matt

i do love those A-frames! i will very likely be using 400gr .410" A-frames for my trip to Africa.

-matt

Shooting the tiny guys, are you? :D;)

They look great and will look forward to getting them soon.I will only waste those nolser on paper to see which work in that gun.Will have another empty box of 257 after we shoot some factory rounds this weekend.

All the boxes of loaded ammo will have labels describing what is inside. There will be the one factory 300 Mag A-Frame and one factory 257 that you sent with the initial load of brass.

I have over a full box of the 100gr TTSX, and of course some A-Frames and 42 Partitions left. I was going to send them back with the ammo, but if you are going to send some more brass, I guess I need to hang on to those bullets!

Send the extra bullets back.LOL your silly of course I am sending more brass.I hope we will just need to do some of the 120 yet but one never knows.May try and find some groundhogs for the kid to try some of them 100 grain ttsx on.Hope only one more batch after this box.

Just wait to you see the pic's of your work when we get to SA.Going to write tim on each bullet so its like your with us as we send them down range on what ever critter gives us a shot.

Billc ,seems like you are coming well prepared!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg