AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD,CA) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
These aren't in any particular order rather just a few things that I recall.
1 Don't ever shoot at an animal that isn't standing dead still.
2 Don't ever shoot an animal behind the diaphragm.
3 I've been using a knife and fork wrong my whole life.
4 I've been brewing my coffee way too weak.
5 A pint of ice cream is meant to serve 4 people.
6 We eat way too much at one sitting.
7 The 4th of July is not Independence Day, it's Treason Day.
8 I've been mispronouncing a whole lot of words.
9 I've been over cooking my eggs, they are meant to be runny.
10 They eat a lot of strange foods in England.

It's turns out that not only was this one of my most enjoyable hunting experiences but one of the more educational ones as well. LOL

Let's see here. USA 2, England 0 in the wars of domination of the rebel colonies in North America. USA 2-0 in then effort to prevent the official language change from English to German in the British Isles and most of the rest of Europe and Eurasia. Maybe they should talk less and listen more.

Let's see here. USA 2, England 0 in the wars of domination of the rebel colonies in North America. USA 2-0 in then effort to prevent the official language change from English to German in the British Isles and most of the rest of Europe and Eurasia. Maybe they should talk less and listen more.

Mad Jack Churchill was a bit peeved we joined the war. He was convinced they had another good 10 years of fighting the Germans if we hadn't joined the fray.

The English maligning anybody's way of cooking has got to be a joke. I thoroughly enjoyed their "wide" bacon slices and eggs for breakfast. the other typical English foods I ate, I could have done without.

The English maligning anybody's way of cooking has got to be a joke. I thoroughly enjoyed their "wide" bacon slices and eggs for breakfast. the other typical English foods I ate, I could have done without.

plus 1

Now that's funny cause one day when I mentioned that we were having fried Spam sandwiches for lunch my new British friends first remark was " you Yanks do realize that the war is over right?" " We really don't need to eat Spam anymore"

Agree! We kept seeing eggs in a bowl full of oil. I guess you were to scoop one out? Was not appealing to us at all. I did like their fish and chips, at the pubs I had it at anyway.

Now that's funny cause one day when I mentioned that we were having fried Spam sandwiches for lunch my new British friends first remark was " you Yanks do realize that the war is over right?" " We really don't need to eat Spam anymore"

I say the same thing to a buddy who eats headcheese voluntarily. LOL

I say the same thing to a buddy who eats headcheese voluntarily. LOL

The Bohemian butcher shop where I buy my bacon sells head cheese. i love it.

The Bohemian butcher shop where I buy my bacon sells head cheese. i love it.
I have to respect your willingness to recycle everything.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Head cheese is pretty good stuff. When we butchered a hog my mother would make head cheese from the meat on the head and neck and some spices and gelatin.

Head cheese is pretty good stuff. When we butchered a hog my mother would make head cheese from the meat on the head and neck and some spices and gelatin.

It’s quite popular in my neck of woods too. Don’t really understand what the fuss is about, it’s normal meat prepared in a particular way.

I grew up an American Southerner, of Welsh decent. I currently work for a firm that's based in London, and have been traveling to the UK for almost 25 years. Spend a load of time there. Have become a bit of an Anglophile over the years.

What I love about the UK:
  • Strong black tea with milk.
  • Black pudding.
  • "Flat white" coffees. Had no idea what a "flat white" was the first time I ordered it, but I'm glad I did.
  • The way they use utensils, which I've adopted. Except for peas. Which I suppose is why they like to eat them "mushy".
  • The history - I've been in pubs that have operated continuously longer than the US has been a thing.
  • English ale. Yep, the cellar temperature, flattish stuff.
  • Needling them with the whole "Happy Treason Day, Ungrateful Colonials" every single 4th of July.
  • The English countryside.
  • Links-style golf.
  • The English people.

What I don't love:
  • No First Amendment.
  • No Second Amendment.
  • Cricket.
  • Beans for breakfast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg