Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well I rarely get to hunt myself but last week thanks to some fellow AH’rs who were hunting bison, pigs, and does with me I got to pull the trigger a couple times. I was very pleased to finally get to recover this whitetail. I had an encounter with him during bow season which culminated in a bad shot on my part and a lost deer. Well I’ll be damned if he didn’t show back up and I finally got to finish what I started.
1E861471-6B80-4844-9DEA-3CAF447C9542.jpeg
420B3B87-6E2D-47EB-99F8-52182658E277.jpeg

Well I had just finished skinning this deer and clients were settled into hog blinds down on the creek when Bruce came and got me. He told me he saw a really nice management mule deer so we went and took a look. Sure enough up on top on one of my wheat fields was this guy! 2 deer down in about an hour and a half. I couldn’t believe my luck. Clients took 3 feral pigs at the same time all this was going on too.
DD838CCA-3FC4-4A49-A26B-0A4D370AF8C4.jpeg
F96F9729-15B9-48DA-8CBB-5091D1D19819.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple nice ones buddy!

A couple of fine deer for sure! I would have been dancing in the street to have taken either of those!
Did I miss your report on your fishing trip?

A couple of fine deer for sure! I would have been dancing in the street to have taken either of those!
Did I miss your report on your fishing trip?
no sir, I just haven’t had time to write it

Wow couple of nice bucks, congrats!

Nice looking bucks buddy. Makes me want to go deer hunting! Been doing Africa the past 4 years. Really enjoy whitetail hunting. Congratulations

Glad to see you were able to get some time behind the trigger. Great Muleys - kind of like everything else you have on the ranch.

Well done! Couple of great deer.

Two beauties there...I wouldn’t consider that mulie a management buck either! There has been several seasons that I’ve shot both a whitetail and a mulie, but never on the same day! Congrats!

I suppose you didn’t use your 9.3x74 Double? That would have been too much fun!

Very nice. Fun to be able to get both that close together. Congrats
Bruce

Two beauties there...I wouldn’t consider that mulie a management buck either! There has been several seasons that I’ve shot both a whitetail and a mulie, but never on the same day! Congrats!
you’ve been killing some whopper whitetail the last couple of years up there in the north land

I suppose you didn’t use your 9.3x74 Double? That would have been too much fun!
lol, that would have been awesome! No I took the whitetail with the clients rifle as I didn’t have a rifle with me at that moment and the mulie I shot with my trusty 06.

you’ve been killing some whopper whitetail the last couple of years up there in the north land
Been pretty lucky with the mulies too!

Great bucks!
I've hunted out of childress multiple times but have yet to get a whitetail as nice.

Awesome deer. That muley is cool with the extra points!!

Well done sir!!

You mind saying where in the Panhandle?
I was raised in the Panhandle and never saw deer like yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.