A Canadian sniper reportedly shot an ISIS fighter from over 2 miles away

The "double" the UK Sniper got occurred because the second target moved to the same position his late trench mate was in. You can hear the Spotter: "Just do the same thing!"
The targets could obviously not understand what had happened.

Do you think some of the ISIS participants are getting a little nervous and having nightmares now?
Yep, Isis is not safe from these guys!

The UK sniper (Harrison) had to walk the impacts in with 10 shots to the kill. I wonder how many shots it took for the new record holders to walk in a hit at 2.2 miles!!!!! Bet he was slinging a lot of lead. Hell, depending on bullet/MV, it could take well over 10 seconds for an impact! The enemy probably didn't even see or hear the misses around him.

I do know that after Rob Furlong returned home, terrorist targeted him and his family. After about 2008, the US military stopped publicly announcing individual sniper / combat feats for the protection of those involved.

You'd have to think you'd notice a 750-grain bullet hitting near you but it would likely be sub sonic at that point and you are right that most shots are walked in for sure.

Reactions: lcq
You'd have to think you'd notice a 750-grain bullet hitting near you but it would likely be sub sonic at that point and you are right that most shots are walked in for sure.

my shooting buddy served ibn the sandbox and said lots of the tangos are doped up on opiates. He watched one take 4 hits from a 556 at about 500m before he went down. the 7.62 took only one a 50 turns them into snot and bones

One of the things that is interesting about our sniper teams is that they are both snipers and capable of switching roles back and forth. Such was the case with the two snipers from the PPCLI, who actually obtained their kills just days apart.

Note they said he "hit" a target. No mention of penetration, or lack there of ;) maybe the target was treated at the scene for a nasty welt and a lead-coloured smear across his forehead. :)
The word was "kill". Confirmed.

The word was "kill". Confirmed.

The word in this post and report was "hit"

Canadian Sniper Hit A Target More Than 2 Miles Away, Military Confirms

A sniper with Canada's elite special forces is being credited with making a world record shot, after the military confirmed Thursday that he hit a target from nearly 2.2 miles away during a recent operation in Iraq.

Also you need to know @Pheroze has a sense of humor! Note the emoji!!

The word in this post and report was "hit"

Also you need to know @Pheroze has a sense of humor! Note the emoji!!
The article Jerome linked to uses the word 'Kill' in the title and 'longest confirmed kill' in the first paragraph. References to the above are made throughout the article. Yes, the word 'hit' was used several times, no doubt to releave redundancy.

Nothing like being redundant.

I spent the last few days competing in the National Pistol Championships a Camp Perry Ohio. My friend and room-mate is a graduate of the US Army Sniping School at Ft Benning and still involved with those guys that do this sort of thing. I got the inside story. I will not relate it in detail other than to say that it did take a number of shots to get the correct "dope" but that only one shot was actually fired at the sniper who was firing on "friendly " troops. I will state however that the sniper / shooter's routine played a critical role in his demise.

I have some experience in this world , a lot of the information was verified by drone. Not realistic that a spotter picked up a target at 3.4 km , possible but not likely. And any one that has shot beyond 1600m knows that its pretty much a hail merry for several reasons, and unrepeatable.
1) environmental factors between you and the target are not constant.
2) as a 50 goes tran-sonic there is some instability introduced in to the flight path of the projectile.

Not to take anything away from the boys at the dwyer hill dance club ;) they can shoot.

Pat

It is my understanding that the "spotter" in this case was one of the Allied forces being fired at by the Isis shooter some 600 yards away.

The hit was confirmed by two independent sources including video. Troops under contact don't normally take video, there a little busy. Command & Control folks would have had assets in place to coordinate, ie a drone in the battle space. But it makes little difference. It was a hell of a shot.

Pat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.