Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NAHC, NRA, Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation.
Hunted
USA, Canada
Hi all,

I wrote this paper for a friend of mine to get him started with reloading and I thought I would put it up here in case anyone needed something to give a new reloader. It is essentially on condensing of 20 years of reloading experience into pertinent, practical knowledge so that someone doesnt need to wade through the first 100 pages of any given loading manual to find what they are looking for.

full

For those who want to get nitty gritty about hyper technical details, that isn't what this was for. It is a broad concept paper designed to give a new reloader information to save them from burning through money and time trying to learn the terms and practicalities or reloading by trial and error.

If there are any bits that you think would be useful for a new loader to have, I would appreciate your input.

Attachments

• Reloading Cartridges (1).pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 223
Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent read, very well and thoroughly written.

The only thing I would change is that for lead bullets if data is not present you recommend going with data for a similar jacketed bullet weight. At least for pistols I use about 10-15% LESS powder than the jacketed bullets to achieve the same velocity as a jacketed bullet.

Excellent read, very well and thoroughly written.

The only thing I would change is that for lead bullets if data is not present you recommend going with data for a similar jacketed bullet weight. At least for pistols I use about 10-15% LESS powder than the jacketed bullets to achieve the same velocity as a jacketed bullet.
That is true for sure. I approached it from a safety aspect in that lead bullets will be safe at those loads. I will add that you can expect to see an increase in velocity for similar powder charges using lead vs. Jacketed. Thank you!

I like your reloading bench. The photo has motivated me to clean mine up............thanks for posting......................FWB

I like your reloading bench. The photo has motivated me to clean mine up............thanks for posting......................FWB
I wish that was my loading bench. AH administration added it to the post so it would come up on the main page as a backgroup image I think. It is a nice bench... unfortunately not mine:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross