Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
Proud Dad here. PCS from Whiting Field to Norfolk where he will become intimate with the MH-60 Sierra model.

20210312_082413.jpg

20210312_144455.jpg

Wonderful! Tell him an old ground pounder is proud of him. Glad to know some of these seafaring fellows can fly a UH-60 whatever color it might be painted.

Congratulations to your son! You are obviously (and rightly so) a very proud dad.

May all his flights be uneventful.

Congratulations!

Congrats to you both. It’s a big accomplishment for him and you obviously did it right raising him!

Awesome. I left Whiting field 32 years ago and flew the SH-60B. He has an exciting career ahead of him.
He was kind of disappointed at the end of primary - everybody in his class was sent helo. He's too tall for jets, and he really wanted the P8. Nearing the end of this phase of training, he was really hoping for a Romeo. But he's decided there is more opportunity for different and interesting things to do with the Sierra.

Also, he had set JAX as his #1 choice, and Norfolk as #5. And a classmate who finished below him wanted Norfolk as #1 and JAX as #5.

He finished 2nd in his class (behind a coastie who had something like 1500 fixed wing hours prior to service). JAX got the top couple graduates out of the last class, so the Navy figured they needed to balance things out by sending him to VA.

His IP was a combat veteran USMC Capt. And they flew their training missions like they were in the ME already. IP is about 5'10" and maybe 175. Ian is 6'4" and 230-235. I counted 12 x 45lb plates in his garage gym, and he can squat the whole lot. IP said when he first met Ian, he started struggling to figure out a way he would be able to wrestle controls away from him if that arose. I thought that was pretty funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross