A better hunting PR group

tigris115

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Since SCI isn't doing that effective of a job when it comes to public relations, I think we should take it in our own hands. Here are some ideas

- Since the best activist groups have at least a few social media pages, we should ideally have at least a Facebook. Optimally, you'd include Twitter, tumblr, YouTube, and others for maximum outreach

- Target people in the grey. YOu can't just keep preaching to the choir. You need to make information accessible to those who are either lukewarm or against hunting.

- Examples, Examples, and Examples. Show as many examples as humanely possible as to why trophy hunting and conservation go together like PB & J and examples as to what happens to places like Kenya and Botswana.

I'm really eager for this. Partly because since Myanmar is reforming itself, it'd be AWESOME to establish ourselves there or in another South (east) Asian country.

Interesting... Both google and FB sell access to the information they have collected on you and me. You can identify the characteristics in people who are in that grey area ( for example, people who like the outdoors but don't subscribe to an identified anti group) and send them targeted "advertising." In this case the advertising would be a story that highlights the adventure and conservation aspects of the sport. I believe the person receives a trailer of sorts and then clicks on it to go to the full article. I think one gets charged per "click". Hunting organizations, websites, or publications could use this type of service to disseminate information and raise awareness. More people who are made aware the more who become paying customers...

I think we need to bring back our YouTube channel. Make that a hub of activity where the admins can share and post videos that showcase the positives of hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross