9.3x62 plains game

the 9.3x63 mm or 9.3x74R or the 375H&H or 375 Flanged magnum will get the job done on everything up and including elephant with a well placed and premium grade bullet if the shooter does his part. The difference comes when the first shot does not go where it is supposed to and you need to sort out the paw paw that hit the fan.....

I would use the mentioned calibers without hesitation on the largest elephant bull if I was the hunter taking the first shot, if I had to follow up on one wounded by somebody else I would only use my 500 Jeff and my tracker will be carrying my 375 H&H.....

No substitute for first shot placement, this is not drag racing.....

Couldn’t agree more. I never hunt alone, at least not since I was a younger man hunting solo and got myself in an uncomfortable position that could have gone really bad. A good backup mate and rifle isn’t optional, IMHO. Take your time, stalk as close as possible, and place your shot where in needs to go. If you aren’t 100% sure you can make the shot, i.e. a one shot kill, then keep moving and reset in a place where you can. As I always told my son, “don’t be a tag filler, be a hunter”....big difference. The later is much more satisfying and the former will take care of itself if you do the later well.

Bob,
Such a conversation is best over a campfire and a couple of sundowners...:):) and the 9.3x62 will win in Africa about 12 midnight., The Whelen maybe in Alaska!~

The 9.3x64 is the unsung hero of the African veldt, a twin of the .375 H&H.

You can easily get 2500 FPs with the 9.3x62, just add more powder to a 26 inch tube. bottom line is I can get 2913 with a 225 gr. bullet in my .338 , in a 24 inch barrel..We are just playing with figures. I have a Ruger 93x62 that gets me 125 FPS more than my Custom Brno 9.3x62 ...and so fourth..

Bob,
Such a conversation is best over a campfire and a couple of sundowners...:):) and the 9.3x62 will win in Africa about 12 midnight., The Whelen maybe in Alaska!~

The 9.3x64 is the unsung hero of the African veldt, a twin of the .375 H&H.

You can easily get 2500 FPs with the 9.3x62, just add more powder to a 26 inch tube. bottom line is I can get 2913 with a 225 gr. bullet in my .338 , in a 24 inch barrel..We are just playing with figures. I have a Ruger 93x62 that gets me 125 FPS more than my Custom Brno 9.3x62 ...and so fourth..
@ray Atkinson
338, any 9.3 or 35, all good calibers that get the job done with no fuss. Some plain, some European exotics and old usa clasic doesn't really matter as long as you are happy .
Me personally it's the 35.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,