9.3x 62 does it again Pork busting

I’ve tried the 270 gr speers and they shoot really good. Just under an inch at 100 yards. Only problem was I forgot the chronograph the day I was shooting those. Pretty much just setting the Shaw rifle up for 286 SP’s and 286 solids. Zero it and leave it alone. I think the Zastava will get set up for 270 gr’s and leave it.

Going to replace the low grade Turkish walnut on my Zastava, replace it with a Boyd's. They actually have a LH stock for a Zastava M70. I think I'll let my local smith handle all the woodwork if I switch barrels.

A couple of weeks ago I bumped into a MK X synthetic stock, not sure of the maker, in pristine condition at a local gun show for next to nothing. I’m thinking of replacing the Zastava wood on the Shaw with it. The wood on the Zastava factory M70 has really nice deep checkering and is pretty nice wood so that will stay in original condition at least until it splits as I’m told will happen eventually. On the Shaw rifle I had to replace some wood on the right side of the receiver in front of the bolt recess, pin and glue a couple of splits behind the tang and in the wrist. It’s very serviceable but you know your carrying a rifle that’s been well used in the past. Not a beauty queen by any means but nothing it shots at will mind much. When the weather cools a bit we are going after scrub bulls out near big lake.

Next time you head out that away, and this is assuming the place is still there, haven't been by it in years, but there's a diner at the west exit into Ozona that cooks the best chicken fried steak, German red cabbage, and taters you have ever put in your mouth.

Thanks I’ll have to see if it’s still there. Lots changed over the last 18 months. A lot of places lost so much revenue that they shut down. Plus it’s hard to find anyone that wants to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross