AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia,Ireland,New Zealand,Sweden
Hey members,I have decided to build or hope to have built a 9.3x64 on a mod 70 action (pre or post) and was wondering as to action /mag lengths. I know the 375 H+H is long enough but the OAL of the 9.3 and the 300 Win mag are much the same.
Question what action/calibre will suffice for the 9.3 build?
If the 300 will do I may use one of my 300s..
I also have a TRG-S in 300 that is a great action,any ideas please guru`s?

Yep, need a 30-06 bolt face to open to fit the 9.3x64.

I also am planning a 9.3x64 to compliment my 9.3x62. I will use a M98 action as the 9.3x64 was designed for a standard length M98. So a M70 will work also. I already have the action and a barrel, a 29 inch, and I will build the rifle in the "Cape Rifle" style. with open sights.

Ordering the chamber reamer today.

Hornady has good load data in their latest manual.

I have now just measured the detachable magazine box on my .300 Win mag Sako TRG-S rifle. Internal length is 95mm which should suit the `64 Brenneke`s oal of 85.60.

Would this be a suitable donor rifle/action? It is a very strong robust action and is the same action as the TRG`s with the being the 'ess' the sporting action.

Does anyone have any qualms about using this action?

I like the idea of using a Mauser 98 or Win Model 70. But this isn't my rifle.

I like the idea of using a Mauser 98 or Win Model 70. But this isn't my rifle.
The rifle was built on a `98 eventually and has been in the field and knocked over a few deer,even a cat and a fox too in its infancy.

you will come to love it as you learn the best bullets and loads for the jobs you do.
i never regret my journey learning with it, apart from going up a blind alley with nosler partitions.
bruce.

Funny thing.... I have an elder friend with a pre-64 in 9.3x64, we THINK this is a factory chamber out of the custom shop but can find no supporting evidence.

Next step is to take the stock off and look at stamping on the underside of barrel; but with health concerns that is going to have to wait until after COVID.
1612367439510.jpeg

Funny thing.... I have an elder friend with a pre-64 in 9.3x64, we THINK this is a factory chamber out of the custom shop but can find no supporting evidence.

Next step is to take the stock off and look at stamping on the underside of barrel; but with health concerns that is going to have to wait until after COVID.View attachment 387444

That would really be neat. Please follow up when you figure it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross