8 Bore Percussion Hunting Rifle

JPmbogo

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Willapa Harbor Gun Club
It is time for me to starting "culling the herd" a bit. This rifle was built to my specs by Hollie Wessel through The Gun Emporium of Springfield, Oregon. The word "perfect" is often over-used, but I can say without reservation that this magnificent muzzle loading rifle is just that, "perfect." The three posted photos are currently all I have and can be found elsewhere on this site on the "Muzzleloader" Forum. My asking price is $4,500 which was the cost to me. I am firm on this price but will ship it CONUS only. I will include a proper round ball mold and a substantial supply of balls (Which might be a plus if you intend to shoot it - pun intended!). I can provide additional photos, of course - PM me if interested.
20200806_085841.jpg
20200806_085919.jpg
20200806_085845.jpg

Last edited:
What does this rifle weigh? What length barrel, 30”? What is the groove diameter and what size ball are you using with it?

Really cool rifle you have there!

Thanks,

RC

Beautiful rifle! Good luck with the sale!

Really beautiful wood! Good luck on the sale!

What does this rifle weigh? What length barrel, 30”? What is the groove diameter and what size ball are you using with it?

Really cool rifle you have there!

Thanks,

RC
Barrel length is 30" and what I will call "sporter" weight - 1 1/8" across the flats which makes the rifle a tad light at 11 lbs. or so. Barrel mics at .835, which is correct - ball used is .810. However, the rifle has already sold pending funds, etc. Thanks for your interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg