7x57 CZ 550 My new baby!

That is a unicorn right there. Sauer makes the Sauer 100 in 8x57 and I am praying that they decide to make it in 7x57 one day.

For now I am looking into re-barreling a Savage

View attachment 465969
You see them ticket on the trigger guard My name is on it - :giggle:View attachment 465971

What is the chances of finding a brand new unfired CZ550 in 7x57?

Anyway I'm happy have been looking for a 7x57 but just could not find one it was either 2nd hand in bad shape or very expensive and new from Blaser, and other european makers.

So I settled to get a 30-06 2nd hand or new on a good deal and then I walked into a gunshop safe one day and what would be the first rifle I spot this 7x57!
It came back after someone wanted it but then decided against it his loss my keep.

So now. I have closed the gap in my calibres from 204 ruger to 375 H&H. Yes you all know I shoot plenty with the 6.5x55 Sweed but its my son's rifle not mine and he will soon get it licensed on his name.

The wood on the stock is quite dark and I'm sure will finish off well with an oil finish so now I need to do my application and wait the long wait for the license.
I have dies and Cases so far but will get more as I go along.
Sweet thing is that I can use same rifle Powder in the 7x57, 375 H&H and the 458 Lott.
Congratulations!!!

Congratulations, very nice. I hope your wait isn’t as long as you fear.

Always pays to keep your eyes open! Have fun, when the paperwork finally comes through.

Congratulations Frederick , a good find in a great caliber and make , I am envious . I am also looking for a good deal in a 7x57 , been checking Gunafrica regularly but have been missing out and not any good bargains that I have seen . I have the dies and plenty of cases , just need the rifle now .
Happy hunting with your new rifle !!!

Congratulations Frederick , a good find in a great caliber and make , I am envious . I am also looking for a good deal in a 7x57 , been checking Gunafrica regularly but have been missing out and not any good bargains that I have seen . I have the dies and plenty of cases , just need the rifle now .
Happy hunting with your new rifle !!!
I know where another new one is standing at a shop its not a bargain but its new and the last CZ550 mine was probarbly the second last new one. :E Happy:

Congratulations Frederik on a great find! This must feel like a pea shooter though after one of your 458 Lott sessions :D

This will be your primary biltong rifle I suppose? ;)

Jurgen yes, it will become my primary meat rifle and also used for sport shooting target shooting in field conditions.
But if blue wildebeest or bigger will be on the menu then it will be the 375 or 458.

Picked up DIES this weekend for a good deal and have 200 empty new cases now to find a good deal on 7mm bullets have time to see what happens till I get my license.

Last edited:
We never see these in 7x57 in my area. Occasionally in6.5x55 or 9.3x62 but mostly in 30-06 or 375. I am also envious.

Thanks all,

Playing with Quickload in the meantime to see what the rifle can do.

Think I'm set now.

.22 LR Bruno no.1
204 Ruger Howa Varmint
7x57 CZ 550
375 H&H Musgrave original K98 from 1994
458 Lott CZ 550

The 6.5x55 is my sons and the 6.5x58 Portuguese 1904

But then again just looking at the list if by any chance a 300H&H or win mag pops out somewhere in a Bruno or CZ.

Oh and then I need a 12ga of course.

Now you need to find a 550 .404j.

Frederik, this is bad thinking on your part.

You need a few more.
A backup .30-06 to loan to mates who come and hunt with you and that can fill in whenever something breaks on your 7x57.
And maybe a .243 for Springbuck and Blesbuck. A .25-06 or .270 will be even better.

Now you need to find a 550 .404j.
Talk about Hen's teeth!!!
Yes, would be nice but funds will go for hunts from now on mostly but if a deal not to be missed comes past especially on a 404 then...............
Frederik, this is bad thinking on your part.

You need a few more.
A backup .30-06 to loan to mates who come and hunt with you and that can fill in whenever something breaks on your 7x57.
And maybe a .243 for Springbuck and Blesbuck. A .25-06 or .270 will be even better.
Like I have said above hunting funds more needed 7x57 will never break its a CZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg