7mm mag. Accubond

I agree with everyone. Without more info, pic's of exit wounds, internal damage, etc., no way to know what they were doing. I guess it's possible to get a bad "lot" but not probable. I've been shooting Noslers for almost thirty years and have never had a failure due to the bullet. I've been using the 160gr Accubond's in a 7 Rem Mag since it's inception. All with expected performance results. I have quite a few recovered bullets. All held together, mushroomed to twice the original diameter and retained 65-70 percent of their original weight. Those not recovered left devistating wound channels. The only thing I can think happened is the bonding process failed and allowed the lead core to separate from the copper jacket upon impact. Not likely, but possible. I quit using Sierra bullets years ago because of that occurrence. We're these bullets " factory seconds"? Did you find any evidence of pieces of copper jackets in any wound channels? Was there the normal large area of hydrostatic shock in the wound area after skinning? This is a very odd occurrence for Nosler. Wish I could have been in the skinning shed.... Lol

I have had experience with a bad lot of the 160 AB in my 7mm RUM. Groups deteriorated and I noticed some of my reloads in the box the white tips had broken off. I attended the DSC show a few weeks later and had pulled all the bullets from my reloads and took 5-6 to the Nosler booth. They knew what my problem was and gave me a number to call after I returned home. All together they replaced 5 boxes. The polymer tips were brittle and broke off. That's been quite a few years ago, and I've had no further problems in the five calibers I shoot the Nosler AB in.

That’s surprising to say the least. Mind you I use partitions in my 375 but used Nosler a in my 270 for god knows how many years.
Try the partitions now before you go to Canada.
I used ballistic tips and the results as you may have seen in some photos in other articles were just devastating. Meat damage was off the planet! Anyway try the partitions before going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross